Duel Relay Trans brake with a stock Converter: Before and After

1993fox

Established Member
Are yall running the transbrake on a switch? if so can someone post a picture or tell me what kind of switch you are using and where it is mounted?

4VFTW

Established Member
yes you trigger the Tbrake with a switch...any momentary switch will work. I bought this one from Biondo Racing , but it wasn't cheap.
IMAG0757_zps1a52b59a.jpg

I dont want to drill holes in the interior so I will most likely secure it to the E-brake handle somehow

bodon

Established Member
I'm confused. Is this just a wiring technique to simulate a tranzbrake. Or did you actually install a different valve body in the transmission??

4VFTW

Established Member
Whats the difference from the SSB and SSC relays? What do we need to look for when buying the parts?
no difference in the 2 relays

I'm confused. Is this just a wiring technique to simulate a tranzbrake. Or did you actually install a different valve body in the transmission??
the trans is solenoid operated so you dont need a new valve body you are basically telling the stock valve body to act as a transbrake by altering the solenoid activation sequence.

1quick

Established Member
so is the switch on your power wire normally off and when you push it it puts power to the relays? or the opposite normally on and when you push it cuts power?

clinton2003

Established Member
Yes switch powers relays so only time relay is being used is when your on trans break.

Otherwise you will be driving along and a relay fail it would just engage and you would engage either 2nd or 3rd and toast your trans

Last edited:

stormtrooper01

So i was reading that yall were only able to foot brake it to 1200rpm or so. On the street and track i can foot brake my 15 Ecoboost to 3k. Holding 10lbs of boost. Problem is you have to be very careful about it. To quick and it'll bust the tires loose.

Sleipnir 5O

Established Member
What's the wear and tear like with this mod? Will this mod affect the longevity? Common sence tells me yes but I would like to hear from a expert and those who have used it for a while.

Grumpy_jenkins

Established Member
if you're gonna tie in a boost leash controller where do you tie the yellow wire from the leash its activated by 12volts? Can you also tie the 2step in on the same side if you wanted the activate it with 12volts as well?

Users who are viewing this thread