• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Duralast Max Ceramic Brake Pads DGC1001 discontinued what's everyone using now??

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by Hurley711, May 6, 2021.

1. Hurley711

Hurley711 New Member Established Member

So I'm disappointed to find out that the Duralast Max Ceramic Brake Pads DGC1001 brake pads for my Shelby GT500 have been discontinued by AutoZone! These suckers were great for their lifespan no squeal no dust. I know Shelby owners were fans of them for the price and performance. What's everyone using now that isn't breaking the bank? Power stop Z26? Thanks in advance.

2. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Do any stores have any left in there inventory?

I cant really help with another option. Im sure someone else can.

3. Hurley711

Nope. Not available online or in store called 3 locals and they said they're discontinued! They're recommending the Semi-Metallic in place. DG1001 or maybe DG1001M

4. bg302

bg302 Member Established Member

I've been running the Powerstop Z26 kit for a few years now. They work great, very little dust. They work great for a daily, probably no so much if you road race.

Jus Cruisin likes this.
  5. Hurley711

Definitely a DD and nothing else. You went with the rotors and pads? I'm pretty sure my rotors are solid but maybe I'll upgrade. Are the pads quiet the Z26? Thanks.

6. bg302

bg302 Member Established Member

I went with the whole kit, it comes with everything, including brake quiet lube and hardware. They're really quiet. They squeak a little when backing out of the garage but that's it.

7. 4rd Toys

4rd Toys Polishing my SVTs.... Established Member

While on discussion of Durlast MAX pad:

I have a set of BAER front two-piece rotors [07-12] and a box of these pads sitting a shelf waiting to be installed.

Front 14" 2007-2012 GT500 EradiSpeed+ Front Rotor Upgrade

Baer makes no mention on recommended or suggested pads to use on their rotors... only to drive normal with minimal braking to "set" the rotors to the pad.

So for now, I'm gonna install these two-piece rotors with the original 20k+ mile Perf-Pack pads on mine and see how it "runs" before installing these Duralst MAX pads.

Do you think these Duralasts are too aggressive for BAER two-piece rotors?

8. 4rd Toys

4rd Toys Polishing my SVTs.... Established Member

Looks like the entire line of Duralast MAX brake-pads are now discontinued in general....

9. Hurley711

This is so disheartening as the stock pads squealed like crazy and for me the Max were PERFECT. I walked in to buy some fresh ones and now that they're not available it's been a shit show trying to find anything that's considered a slam dunk replacement without spending over $125 for Hawks. I don't need high performance stuff. Just need solid pads.

10. XP900

XP900 Active Member Established Member

I believe the Duralast MAX pads were made by Bosch for Autozone. Bosch makes a Quietcast model that could be the same as the Duralast brake compositions. They came in both a semi-metallic Premium or a ceramic version and both are usually within a few dollars of each other. Advance Auto may carry them but they are available elsewhere too. I am not sure they are identical to the Duralast but may be the closet thing to it. I am still using Fords but will eventually have to change to something and I'm not buying Hawks. I used Akebono ceramics on other cars and was never all that impressed with them and they were not cheap compared to the Bosch prices. I use nothing but Bosch ESI6 brake fluid in all my cars for brakes and clutches. Great fluid and cheap at RockAuto.

HKusp and ShelbyGT5HUN like this.
  11. Islandcat

Islandcat Active Member Established Member

do they still make the duralast gold ceramic pads? I had those on my car for years and they were great. I replaced my rotors a couple years ago and I decided to change pads while I was at it and they upgraded me to the max ones. I said cool deal and took them, but would have been perfectly fine with the gold ones.

12. blue 07

blue 07 Well-Known Member Established Member

I use Hawk Ceramic pads on my 13 and love them. Very minimal brake dust and braking is awesome.

HKusp likes this.
  13. HKusp

HKusp Active Member Established Member

I, too, use Hawk Performance ceramic pads after messing around with several different sets of front pads. The Hawk pads have performed the best, are the quietest, and don't put out a lot of dust. I combined them with Stop Tech sport slotted and drilled front rotors and they even perform better than with the stock style, smooth front rotors.

Hawk Performance Mustang Ceramic Brake Pads - Front Pair HB453Z.585 (11-14 GT Brembo; 12-13 BOSS 302; 07-12 GT500)

StopTech Mustang Select Sport Drilled & Slotted Rotor - Front 408355 (11-14 GT Brembo; 12-13 BOSS 302; 07-12 GT500)

14. Hurley711

Apparently they're discontinued according to another poster above....

15. XP900

XP900 Active Member Established Member

It looks like they cut down on the number of different pads in their stock system. I can still order Duralast Gold and Ceramic pads for some of my cars but none for the Shelby. They still carry them for my older 2006 Crossfire so age does not seem to be a factor in their stock selection picking unless they drop them once they are deleted in their warehouses.

Last edited: May 14, 2021