Dusty Computer + Car Guy=

Ironhand

Banned
Due to my computers location on the floor in front of a vent I got alittle tired of spending 5 dollars a can on air and cleaning it out once a month.

Dusty....
IMAG0866.gif

IMAG0865.gif

Parts needed.
IMAG0862.gif

1/8 thick piece of Delrin.
IMAG0863.gif

Filter
IMAG0860.gif

IMAG0861.gif

Modding time........
IMAG0867.gif

IMAG0870.gif

IMAG0868.gif

IMAG0869.gif

IMAG0871.gif

The result.
IMAG0873.gif

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
That is the best air filter setup i've ever seen on a PC...unfortunately mine takes in the majority of the air through the front.

Ironhand

Banned
That is the best air filter setup i've ever seen on a PC...unfortunately mine takes in the majority of the air through the front.

Mine has exhaust fans on the back so it blows air towards the vent. No need for a filter there. I have a spot in the front of the case to allow a fan but its empty. That hole on the side of the case feeds the fan that is directly over my CPU. So I had to do something about it.

Im also thinking about closing off the rest of the holes in the side panels and adding a 120mm fan behind that opening.

But for a 30 dollar mod I can't complain.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Great idea.

Me personally, I would find a nice air cleaner lid to fit the filter, and put a stud in the middle to mount it like you would on a carb.

Ironhand

Banned
Great idea.

Me personally, I would find a nice air cleaner lid to fit the filter, and put a stud in the middle to mount it like you would on a carb.

Thought of that. But I couldn't find any that didnt have a manufacturers name on it.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If you have that much dust coming out of your HVAC vent in your home, you need more than the custom air filter you installed on your rig.

Better invest in one of these......

Filtrete

The dust in my home was reduced significantly.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I just clean inside of mine out with the shop vac and a brush attached to the hose. No reason to spend money on canned air.

Users who are viewing this thread