Dynatech long tubes installed, need catted Xpipe, does the brand matter?

TheGovernment

Established Member
So, I'm selling my car, I have a few people interested but they want catted Xpipe for our Safetys here.
I've got the Dynatech LT, on a off road X, to the stock exhaust. The pipes are NOT going to be staying on the car, only for the safety, then they want them back off after inspection.

Do I have to buy the Dynatech catted X? or can I get the SLP catted X, which is half the price?
I have no idea if other xpipes etc will fit different LT or not. (or anything else that might fit for cheaper?)
SLP Mustang Catted X-Pipe M31534 (05-09 GT, GT500 w/ Long Tube Headers)

I know generally they are brand for brand but figured I'd ask. Other wise, I'll start searching for a set of Dynatechs.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" Most " catted X pipes only fit " that " Mfg. headers, not sure about Dynatech & SLP.
Suggest you call both Co.'s and ask about fitment.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
I saw your ad on kijiji, that is a smoking deal for someone for a well sorted car with all the right mods on it.
Didn't you have an BBK x-pipe with some cats on it for the stock manifolds? I would take that to a custom exhaust shop like Duals or Extreme & see if they can cut that thing up to make you a temporary solution for the visual...Or just find someone to do the saftey who has "seen it" with the cats on.
Good luck with your sale, I know its unlikely, but if you end up parting it out hit me up!

Recon

Established Member
In my experience, it’s best to get matching exhaust pieces. Much less headache and you know the parts are made to fit each other.

Pick your poison.

MelloStang2010

Established Member
Dynatech uses those weird clamps with the four bolts to clamp the headers to the mid pipe so you're not going to be able to just bolt up another mid pipe. Even if the length and everything fits you would have to modify and weld them together. Id either buy the correct mid-pipe or lower the price a few hundred or whatever and the new owner can do it themselves if they want cats that badly.

TheGovernment

Established Member
I saw your ad on kijiji, that is a smoking deal for someone for a well sorted car with all the right mods on it.
Didn't you have an BBK x-pipe with some cats on it for the stock manifolds? I would take that to a custom exhaust shop like Duals or Extreme & see if they can cut that thing up to make you a temporary solution for the visual...Or just find someone to do the saftey who has "seen it" with the cats on.
Good luck with your sale, I know its unlikely, but if you end up parting it out hit me up!

Ya, but the bbk pipe is long gone. I offered to drop the price for the amount of the pipes if they were to buy it, then do the safety but people are just aggravating lol... still getting the moron kijiji people that "have a friend with a mustang". I HATE selling cars on there lol.
This car runs top notch, never had mechanical issues other than tune related and an alternator.
Everyone wants everything for nothing lol

Im trying not to buy anything too expensive, since if it doesnt sell, its just wasted money for now.
I figure modifying some other pipe will cost almost as much as just buying the right one. lol

I knew it likely wasnt possible but ya never know!

I had a 50 year old guy interested, then I took him for a ride and he almost crapped his pants! It was super funny. All I did was give it a hit in a straight line and his face was pure white. Hes like "nope, id kill myself in this"... lol

Edit: the BBK pipe is still in play! Lol my buddy still has it and is giving it back to me. The cats are hollowed but no ones gonna know that. As soon as I get the safety, they are coming right back off lol.
Gonna see what kind of $ Im looking at to cobble that together before I order anything.
Thx for the idea!

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Are any of you fine gentlemen running lowered engine mounts or k-frame spacers?

Would ANY of you guys be able to snap a pic of how much clearance the steering shaft has on the drivers primary tube?

I ask because Im leaning toward a Whipple 4.0, but I want to keep the stock hood. If I need to clearance my headers (which have yet to go on) Id rather do it before I get them coated. Then I again I could just say F it and grab a VMP Gen 3R and call it a day... but I like bigger. :D

Any help is appreciated!

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Ya, but the bbk pipe is long gone....

Edit: the BBK pipe is still in play! Lol my buddy still has it and is giving it back to me. The cats are hollowed but no ones gonna know that. As soon as I get the safety, they are coming right back off lol.
Gonna see what kind of $ Im looking at to cobble that together before I order anything.
Thx for the idea!

Glad I could help, hopefully it all works out for you!

Users who are viewing this thread