Dyno Day Update, Live from Alternative

IOPNER

Black Crazy
Established Member
All here and accounted for, Dyno numbers

VBAZ 400RWHP 381RWTQ
IOPNER 515RWHP 450RWTQ Needs some work!! A/F never above 10.8 and best #'s were on the last pull
03TRMN8R on the dyno right now!!

More to come.

IOPNER

Black Crazy
Established Member
Not raining here, I just got home, I have a family party today. They will probably be there for a couple more hours I would think. Jeff, I need to get you your seat back. Maybe next wee after work one day?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
The MCT dyno day at Alternative Auto went off very well. IOPNERS Kenne Bell'd Black beauty took top power dog...with 2MuchHP not far behind running just shy of 500 rwhp!!:rockon:

I was a tad disappointed with my numbers...481 rwhp / 470 tq with just over 14 lbs. of boost. The data also showed that I was going a tad RICH up top and that I had plenty of fuel and pump above 5500 rpm. It also showed that I could add about 2 degrees of timing since my max was about 18.5. What I really liked about Alternatives dyno set up was the wide band bung port A/F, the ability to graph boost, and the ability to show the timing curve. Lidio was a very accomodating host with an exceptionally clean shop with top notch equipment...and...some thought provoking tune recomendations.

Thanks all for coming out and look forward to our next event!:beer:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebite
The MCT dyno day at Alternative Auto went off very well. IOPNERS Kenne Bell'd Black beauty took top power dog...with 2MuchHP not far behind running just shy of 500 rwhp!!:rockon:

I was a tad disappointed with my numbers...481 rwhp / 470 tq with just over 14 lbs. of boost. The data also showed that I was going a tad RICH up top and that I had plenty of fuel and pump above 5500 rpm. It also showed that I could add about 2 degrees of timing since my max was about 18.5. What I really liked about Alternatives dyno set up was the wide band bung port A/F, the ability to graph boost, and the ability to show the timing curve. Lidio was a very accomodating host with an exceptionally clean shop with top notch equipment...and...some thought provoking tune recomendations.

Thanks all for coming out and look forward to our next event!:beer:

Sounds like it was a great time sorry I missed it (Wedding) I was out of town.
Snakebite have you changed pumps and injectors since Dave's place?
Was the dyno stingy on #'s or fair ?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Originally posted by JP03SVTSNK10TH
Sounds like it was a great time sorry I missed it (Wedding) I was out of town.
Snakebite have you changed pumps and injectors since Dave's place?
Was the dyno stingy on #'s or fair ?

Still stock pumps and injectors...the dyno #'s appeared to be accurate IMO.:burnout:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Still stock pumps and injectors...the dyno #'s appeared to be accurate IMO.:burnout:

What happened to you running out of pump and injector per Jerry.
I wonder about the tailpipe sniffer deal do you. Damn to many choices for places and tuners. LOL

JP

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Originally posted by JP03SVTSNK10TH
What happened to you running out of pump and injector per Jerry.
I wonder about the tailpipe sniffer deal do you. Damn to many choices for places and tuners. LOL

JP

Jerry and Dave drew that conclusion based on my A/F curve on DD's dyno that particular day. IMO...I feel the bung sensor is more accurate...obviously there is a discrepency up top...the rest of the curve was similar.:shrug:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Jerry and Dave drew that conclusion based on my A/F curve on DD's dyno that particular day. IMO...I feel the bung sensor is more accurate...obviously there is a discrepency up top...the rest of the curve was similar.:shrug:

Discrepency thats a good evaluation!

Jason

2MuchHP

Established Member
Low numbers

I think we can all agree that the numbers are about 3 to low for hpand about 8 or so for TQ.. that looks good to me :)

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Re: Low numbers

Originally posted by 2MuchHP
I think we can all agree that the numbers are about 3 to low for hpand about 8 or so for TQ.. that looks good to me :)
:lol: :lol: ...for you...yes...for me...about 15/15 would make me smile real big...but again...we have to remember they are only theoretical numbers that translate into a pseudo sense of "going faster" and facilitates the filling of our power ego.

I think I need a therapist to deal with my 3% power ego problem!!!:bored:

But a little tweeking...ideal conditions...and the Cobra Gods shining down on us should get us there.

BTW...I have a call in for Dyno Dave. I am looking at scheduling some shop time and since I respect his tuning perspective...the next time I see him I will bring my latest dyno graphs and see what he says. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread