Dyno Graph and Sound Clip of MMR Stage 3 GT500 cams

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I appreciate the way cams make the GT500 lope. However, the price for parts and labor is steep for what you actually gain. I'd much prefer to keep the "stealthy misleading" stock sounding idle with a larger blower for that price and make 700+ rwhp.

Yep. It really doesn't make sense (to me) to do unless you are swapping in a built block. At that point it would really just be the cost of parts. Of course that is all relative to my bank balance, lol.

I think they are awesoem though, and they definately give nice gains!

Lightnin440

Established Member
Hello! I was just curious what type of gains would you figure would be seen on a GT500 with a 2.9 Whipple over the stock blower??

And also, how would you say your stage III customs compare to the L&M 5.4 cam specs: 236/242 @.050 .575" lift (I know you can't get too open with your specs for obvious reasons) I am just curious if your custom stage III/Comp grinds are anywhere around .500" since the Comp stage III's are around the mid .400's I believe. I am very interested in a cam upgrade, just trying to maximize the bang for buck between the options of you guys (MMR), L&M, or JDM. Thanks so much!!!!

littlejohn

Established Member
Ya I emailed them for more info on bigger cams as well. I have to build a motor and want to do ported heads and bigger cams than the stage 1 intake/stage 2 exhaust that I was running. They worked awesome, I got approx. 35rwhp out of them, but I want more lol!

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hello! I was just curious what type of gains would you figure would be seen on a GT500 with a 2.9 Whipple over the stock blower??

And also, how would you say your stage III customs compare to the L&M 5.4 cam specs: 236/242 @.050 .575" lift (I know you can't get too open with your specs for obvious reasons) I am just curious if your custom stage III/Comp grinds are anywhere around .500" since the Comp stage III's are around the mid .400's I believe. I am very interested in a cam upgrade, just trying to maximize the bang for buck between the options of you guys (MMR), L&M, or JDM. Thanks so much!!!!

I think our history says it all, no one has come close to making the kind of power that MMR has. Now for the tech and facts, The specs you have listed are just a standard lobe available from comp. The other problem we see is the lift. The Factory heads taper off on the flow bench sharply at .550, this means any additional lift is just lost HP from the cam fighting spring pressure. The MMR cams are more aggressive and properly designed around the head itself. Bottom line is there is no point in opening the valve .580 if the cylinder head stops flowing at .550 (in stock form), the specs you have listed would have made more power with less lift!

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR

bull3441

Established Member
I think our history says it all, no one has come close to making the kind of power that MMR has. Now for the tech and facts, The specs you have listed are just a standard lobe available from comp. The other problem we see is the lift. The Factory heads taper off on the flow bench sharply at .550, this means any additional lift is just lost HP from the cam fighting spring pressure. The MMR cams are more aggressive and properly designed around the head itself. Bottom line is there is no point in opening the valve .580 if the cylinder head stops flowing at .550 (in stock form), the specs you have listed would have made more power with less lift!

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR
the cam specs referred to are mine. I made just shy of 100rwhp on the cam on a MD1100 dyno. Power was still climbing at 7k rpm. That cam worked out pretty well for my setup.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the cam specs referred to are mine. I made just shy of 100rwhp on the cam on a MD1100 dyno. Power was still climbing at 7k rpm. That cam worked out pretty well for my setup.

The cams specs may be be the same as yours but they are available to anyone from Comp Cams. We have those grinds in stock and sell them for $1099.

Last edited:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Wow that's sexy...... Should have posted the dyno pull vid as well to see how she sounds at WOT....

Users who are viewing this thread