dyno graphs single turbo kit vs ysi s/c

streetmuscle07

Established Member
I would like to see some dyno sheets of ysi s/c and a single turbo like jpc. I would like to see how the power comes and compare at what levels the torque comes in.

CPRsm

This was our kit. Don't have a ysi specifically. But this is an overlay I do have. Red graph his the same car w a boss intake and 8.5psi peak. All on the same dyno and 91 from the same are.

W a smaller intercooler we hit 500ft/lbs about 300rpm sooner. This was a small turbine and small AR. It's borderline annoying though. Some love it. Most kits are T6 now since most want 1000rwhp minimum.

This a TVS w a 90mm pulley and I believe a JLT intake. This equals about 8ish psi.
CPRvsTVS.jpg

This was a stock pullied magnason which I believe make 7psi out of the box.
CPRvsMagnuson.jpg

This one was P1SC w 12psi@7700.
CPRvsP1SC.jpg

FiveSlow

Established Member
To make it fair I think that one should keep in mind the novi 2200 with a small pulley on a gate...way cheaper than a turbo kit and about the same numbers. Easier to install. Less headaches. This is my opinion ofcourse...

Take for example that last overlay.. If that was gated at 12psi and you went 3-4 pulley sizes smaller they would be about the same throughout with higher peak numbers. :)

CPRsm

Ehhhhh. By the time you add a Tial BOV, torque booster, tbolt clamps, Sheetmetal expansion tank, mid pipe, and headers (which a lot of people do), you're not ahead as much as you'd think, if any.:p

ajpturbo

Established Member
Ehhhhh. By the time you add a Tial BOV, torque booster, tbolt clamps, Sheetmetal expansion tank, mid pipe, and headers (which a lot of people do), you're not ahead as much as you'd think, if any.:p

You love your turbos lol...Someone counter him again...He will keep going lol

CPRsm

He'll yeah I love em. If I was smart I'd make blowers LOL. But I like turbos better.
Don't counter, I need to get back to work hehe

Mikegee1028

Established Member

same could be said for a turbo kit by the time you add id1000's heat wrapping fuel system etc

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
^^^^This^^^^

If you go all out with the Paxton you won't be saving that much compared to a turbo kit. The kicker is you don't have to worry about belt slip, changing pulleys, and making 1000rwhp.....Changing boost by a press of a button FTW!:banana:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
^push button boost control FTMFW!! :rockon:

Belts are for pants... I would think if one only wanted 600ish and not wanna go into the motor a blower would be awesome. Then of course there are others (who I believe we're once referred to as "bat shit crazy") that want a little bit more than 600... That's where turbos come in.

Yes, I know blowers would make more than 600, just a reference.

2FST-4U

Established Member
And if the turbo was at 12 psi it would be making another 150+ all around :D

How fast does your turbos run in the 1/4 mile? my Paxton car is faster than your highest horsepower turbo car and I dyno a lot less. same guy that has tuned your turbo cars has tuned mine just ask him.. ;-)

Last edited:

CPRsm

How fast does your turbos run in the 1/4 mile? my Paxton car is faster than your highest horsepower turbo car and I dyno a lot less. same guy that has tuned your turbo cars has tuned mine just ask him.. ;-)
You mean you're faster than a car on it's first time to the track!? You're comparing it to the car that let out a few times trying to keep 4 wheels on the ground and still ran a 9? Ask your tuner who will be faster next time out. Probably not an answer you'll want to hear though. :pop:
I just happen to be converting the video of the run you're so proud of beating. I'll post it here pretty soon. :-D

Mustang Danny

Established Member
Beefcake... Is the YSI at the same boost as the turbo? What size turbo?

Last edited:

2FST-4U

Established Member
You mean you're faster than a car on it's first time to the track!? You're comparing it to the car that let out a few times trying to keep 4 wheels on the ground and still ran a 9? Ask your tuner who will be faster next time out. Probably not an answer you'll want to hear though. :pop:
I just happen to be converting the video of the run you're so proud of beating. I'll post it here pretty soon. :-D
No you ask him lol . I hope it traps more than a 144 because that is not enough for a little Paxton with about 200 less horsepower.

Users who are viewing this thread