Dyno on ATP ugpraded turbo for transverse V6 Ecoboost 563HP/598TQ 23PSI

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
Took the car down and we started trying to tune it myself (with a friend's help), we ran into an issue with not knowing how to change to 3 bar map sensor but we'll figure that out tomorrow. I used Torrie's tune I had in the car previously and adjusted fueling in the aux injector controller. The first pull the ECU limited the torque to 500 and boost to 15PSI. The car rewarded us on 15psi at 505 HP!!!! 15 PSI!!!!! I knew it felt fast but HEY!
You can see the car limiting the torque to 500 FLAT as a pancake.

2013-09-24+20.06.42.jpg

Ford Flex on upgraded turbos 505HP/515TQ - YouTube

In my previous dyno's I knew that if I unhooked the factory boost controller that I could get more boost so we did that. The car rewarded us with 23PSI on wastegate spring.

The car has another 5-10PSI available to it once I get everything figured out. We rolled into the throttle at 3K RPM and got a nice pull.

Ford Flex on upgraded turbos 563HP/598TQ - YouTube

2013-09-24+20.14.42.jpg

This is the highest HP/TQ ecoboosted vehicle right now. Looking forward to getting more out of it soon!

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Are ATP turbos the same ones Matt is using at Morken Design(sp?) in Houston? There are alot of threads on this at F150 forum and many folks trying to get an upgraded kit to market and it gets confusing. I really think yall are on to something special and count me in!

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
No, completely different. the ATP turbo upgrade for the trucks is a true center section with both compressor and turbine wheels upgraded and new bearings.
I'm looking forward to getting them on a truck and going to town!

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
No, completely different. the ATP turbo upgrade for the trucks is a true center section with both compressor and turbine wheels upgraded and new bearings.
I'm looking forward to getting them on a truck and going to town!

Thank you for clearing that up. ATP, THE, this is where the confusion comes from for me. I see yall made even more progress last night!

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
I should be but I've added some aux fueling:

The motor is STOCK internals.
The car has the following mods:
Dual in tank fuel pumps
6 auxiliary injectors
Split-Sec aux injector controller
Car runs on straight E85 - 23 degrees of timing.
PPE Engineering 2.5" catted downpipes with stock cat-back and sound performance racing cutout.
Custom turbo to intercooler and intercooler to throttle body piping with silicone tubes to replace factory plastic/rubber parts. Replaced factory electric BoV with Tial BoV.
First night
First pull 505HP/515TQ 15PSI - using stock ECU for boost control
Second pull 563HP/598TQ 23PSI - removed connection to factory boost controller, turbos running on wastegate spring
Next night
Third pull 587HP/642TQ 25PSI - same as second pull - allowed the boost activated cutout to open
Fourth pull 592HP/630TQ 25PSI - same as third pull - disconnected piping to filter in the fender
Fifth pull - not on video 600HP/642TQ - Cutout open, car had sat as we were uploading files to ECU - car was running cold air intake

We haven't tuned the car yet, this is a tune from Torrie at Unleashed from months ago on my old compressor wheel upgraded turbos with E85. We're just adding fuel via aux controller.

RubyRed2014SHO

Have you guys tested this setup using 91 or 93 octane by chance? I have a 2014 SHO and was wanting to do the same turbo upgrade, just not as extreme. I live in central Florida and E85 is pretty hard to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread