Dyno Results and Paint Correction (vid and pics)

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Went to a Dyno Day at Mo's Speed Shop in Dallas GA Saturday. Great bunch of guys, and Jeff really knows what the hell he is doing. Some of you might remember him for Modular Powerhouse. Mo's is where he is at now.

Anyway, the car pulls 303HP and 301TQ. Not to shaby for a filter, exhaust N/A 4valve.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Z9-gSkQu8"]YouTube- 2001 Cobra Dyno Pull[/nomedia]

I also just spent 9 hours on paint correction on the car. It had more swirl marks then Nancy Pelosi has bad ideas. Some Adams products and a PC took care of that though.

DSC_0710.jpg

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

DSC_0751.jpg

DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0775.jpg

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Love the hood, it looks like a cross between terminator and 99/01. Is it a Keenan?

Your car is beautiful man!

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
The chin spoiler fit much better then the Mach 1 piece does IMO. It is about a 1/4" short on each side.

The exhaust was dirty, but I have not had a chance to detail the undercarraige yet. Being that it is black I don't worry about it too much.

The hood is infact a Kaenen. It is the Saleen S281 knockoff. Fits great.

Thanks for the compliments.

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
OP, nice numbers. Jeff does in fact know a thing or two about Mustangs. He has always been great with pushrod 5.0's, and Tim has/is teaching him everything he knows about the mod motors. Well maybe not everything... LOL. I wish I could have gotten up to Mo's but sadly I had to work. Glad you had a good time.

01MGSVT

Established Member
those are some good numbers, i need to get mine dynoed again since i put the LM2 catback and new off road x on, i only got 290 with my crap 3in catback that looked like somebody made in there garage :rollseyes and plan on getting the sct custom tune put on while im there! And i really like the black wheels :beer:

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Thanks guys. I plan on letting Jeff tune the car once I can get some coinage. He told me we probably would not be able to add a lot to the peak number, but could smooth everything out.

The dyno day turn out was great. Tons of Mustangs. Looked like a Mustang show. lol

Even a handful of cars that made the drive from South Carolina.

Sveet01

Established Member
Like those General Tire UHP's?

I have them on all 4's.

Good street tire for the price me thinks.

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
They do alright. I had them on all 4's back when I bought the car. I burned off the rears. LOL Then I put on my bullits for the past 2 years. I decided to go back to the stockers. I have some Kuhmos up front now. The Generals do pretty good though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely not shabby at all. Nice looking convertible there. Stance looks really great.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Your car sounds great with the Prochamber, I'm keeping my eye out for a used one. Why did you go back to stock wheels? Did you order some new ones that we don't know about?

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
I tried the used one route for a LONG time. Something kept happening each time. So I finally just bought one from Brenspeed. I told them I saw a deal on a forum and they sent it to me for under $200 shipped.

As for the wheels, I still have the Bullitts. I am seriously considering selling them. I found some that I really want to replace them, so I took them off to avoid wearing down the tires. Plus I race at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Friday nights. The tall as 285/40/18's and the heavy ass wheels were hurting me in the 1/8th mile. So I decided to go with these for racing. I can't run drag radials or slicks in the class I am in. If I use anything but hard radials I get moved up with the F/I and N2O cars. I have not had a chance to run these yet. I had to paint them black as I have no chrome or polished on the car, and they looked bad. Now I love the all black look.

Thanks for the compliments.

Users who are viewing this thread