Dyno Tune results

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Got the tune worked out after the Steeda UDPs went on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdIS8yXdmA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdIS8yXdmA[/ame]

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Dyno Sheet:
James_99_Cobra.jpg

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
Actually, no.

With his mods, and assuming he has the "fix", he should be at 310'ish.

With much fewer mods, my numbers are pretty close to his dynotuned #'s.

Maybe with a STD CF. I hit 305/305 SAE mods in sig. STD was 313/313.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Depends on the correction method, SAE is always lower than Standard. Most places will go by the Standard numbers. IIRC the Standard corrected numbers were 306/301. The graph is SAE corrected and that is why it seems low.

Either way it doesn't matter, a dyno is a tuning tool and numbers can be rigged high or low. All I know this is the best tune I've had in the car. It runs smoother, the idle problems I had with the Evolution tune are gone and low and mid RPM power and torque were greatly improved. I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
FWIW my previous dyno pre-pulleys and re-tune were 285/287 Standard corrected. That means I picked up 21 whp from pulleys and retune if going by Standard corrected numbers.

281CJ

Established Member
Same tuner/dyno, my SAE was 304/322 with the mods in my sig (Mach1) so hes not far off, I just have a spacer over him really, 90mm MAF, and TB don't really do anything.

What was your end A/F and timing Oz?

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
12.8 A/F solid and 29* total timing. He wanted to push it to see 300 SAE, but she just didn't have anymore in her.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
28-29* is pretty standard for the NA 4v's from what I understand. Either way she runs stronger and smoother than before so I'm happy. Its hard to tell from the vid but on the last run when everything was dialed in when the tuner gassed it for the pull the rear actually squatted and the front came up a bit. I thought that was cool as hell since every other time the car's been on the rollers it just sat there all well behaved.

Last edited:

281CJ

Established Member
28-29* is pretty standard for the NA 4v's from what I understand. Either way she runs stronger and smoother than before so I'm happy. Its hard to tell from the vid but on the last run when everything was dialed in when the tuner gassed it for the pull the rear actually squatted and the front came up a bit. I thought that was cool as hell since every other time the car's been on the rollers it just sat there all well behaved.

When tuners actually dial in the Knock Sensor right, I have read a lot of reputable tuners saying they cant get better then 23*....because they don't ever think the KS is seeing false knock, and on the 4v it does a LOT when its adding in to much liming. CR actually had that issue on my car till I showed him how it should be dialed back.

Knock Sensors are something that should be looked at more often then they are, and Lund is the only tuner I've seen actually look at them.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
It makes sense that the knock sensors would need to be dialed back anyway knowing how much noise these aluminum engines make even when they are being run like a powder puff. I know CR was in there adjusting the knock sensors in my tune and I'm sure that contributed to the improvements.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
huh, well i stand corrected then. i knew these motors NA needed timing, but i thought it was more in the lower 20's for 93....

281CJ

Established Member
have your tuner dial back the KS advance from 5 to 2 and you will be good to go for making more timing.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i made 316 rwhp SAE with similar mods...WMS intake instead of C&L, Dynomax catback instead of Mac, but everything else pretty much the same...ran 28 degrees of timing up top with the KS's turned down...

Users who are viewing this thread