Dyno'd the Notch

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Didn't quite get what I wanted out of it, but good enough. The last pull was doing better, but the clutch started to slip pretty bad. On this one, the motor saw 17lbs.

39REY.JPG

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by Spritle
Didn't quite get what I wanted out of it, but good enough. The last pull was doing better, but the clutch started to slip pretty bad. On this one, the motor saw 17lbs.

39REY.JPG

Nice numbers man. That is one bad @$$ Notch!:beer:

COBRACOMP

Established Member
Hey Spritle, I couldnt get you to post your mods could I? I have a supercharged 5.0 and im just kinda curious as to what all u have to get there.

slo5.0

Established Member
HEY DUDE NICE NUMBERS I GOT A FOX TO BUT MINES A HATCH AND TO BOTH YOU GUYS IS A REASD DISC BRAKE COVERSION HARD...HAVE YOU GUYS DONE THEM....IM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY MOTOR SWAO AND WANT DISCS IN BACK JUST WONDERING IF ITS HARD THANKS

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Your car is so sick it's crazy.

Honestly one of the nicest, most well rounded notch's I have ever seen...

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
Originally posted by slo5.0
IS A REAR DISC BRAKE COVERSION HARD...HAVE YOU GUYS DONE THEM....IM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY MOTOR SWAP AND WANT DISCS IN BACK JUST WONDERING IF ITS HARD THANKS

they are pretty easy to do. I have done many 4 wheel disc conversions. The tricky one is doing 4 wheel disc 5 lug conversions with bigger brakes, then you have to change master cylinder, brake booster, lines and everything. The rear disc conversion is easy enough, hardest thing is prolly the ebrake cables, and they arent tough at all.
Jon

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
very nice numbers bro, just one question though. Why does your a/f dip down so rich twice before 4k? What cam/MAF/injectors are you using? Custom calibration? LMK

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I just got the e-brake cables hooked up and it was real easy. I am still using the stock brake booster with cobra front brakes and the 2300k kit. I have upgraded the master cylinder, s/s brake lines, and a porportioning valve.

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Originally posted by TheBeasst
I've smoked this joker like 50 times, I don't care how munch crap you put on that notch you'll never beat The BeaSSt.

Is that why the last time you drove it, you came back trembling?:p

Last edited:

COBRACOMP

Established Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by slo5.0
IS A REAR DISC BRAKE COVERSION HARD...HAVE YOU GUYS DONE THEM....IM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY MOTOR SWAP AND WANT DISCS IN BACK JUST WONDERING IF ITS HARD THANKS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah if all ur wanting to do is swap to discs in the back and stay with 4 lug its pretty easy. and yeah those e brakes can be a problem. I ended up getting all new stainless steel brake lines for it.

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Nice car. I love the street setup with the 99 Cobras (for obvious reasons).

Those are very impressive numbers.

Also, I have a write up of my 5 lug 4 wheel disc brake conversion on my website. I'll put the link in my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread