Dynomax Bullets w/ SLP AB and O/R Mid?

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Im getting an O/R H or X and since I can't seem to unload my SLP AB's, I was thinking of getting a set of Dynomax Bullets (or similar) welded in place of the stock resonators to run in conjunction with the O/R pipe and at least give it a try....I don't mind loud, but I don't want the car sounding insane or like a dump truck.
My question is, how much do the bullets really quiet down the exhaust?...enough to run these muffler deletes with an O/R pipe to the point where its not insane??....Is there a quieter option out there...maybe glass packs?

Jbstang87

Established Member
In my experience dynomax bullets dont reduce volume. They tame unwanted rasp and help restore deep sound. Its more of a tonal thing. They advertise a 4 db reduction but I cant notice it. I used part number 24222.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I swapped in some 3inx16 dynomax bullets with my offroad x and roushes. Made a huge difference in part throttle volume and killed a lot of rasp/drone. WOT was still wake the dead loud but at least I could drive around it. I thought it sounded great.

grnenvy

Established Member
I also just purchased the Dynomax bullet muffler to quiet my car down.
I'm running Kooks shorty, JBA off road H pipe, over axle pipes and GT500s and my car sounds like I'm running straight pipes. I think all the sound material is burnt out of my GT500s. I'll post up my results next week.

Zevox

Established Member
What about running a longer chamber? I know a guy with dynomax race bullets, another with Magnaflow bullets, and another with 22" magnaflows where the resonators were. All of these guys have O/R X's and no axle back mufflers. The two guys with Magnaflow have long tubes.

The guy with dynomax's sounds good, he has quad tips on it and that gives it a unique sound. Its loud inside but nothing unbearable.

The guy with Magnaflow bullets sounds good at WOT but kind of meh the rest of the time. He complains about drone badly. I haven't heard him get on it hard after the long tubes.

The guy with 22" Magnaflow by far sounds the best to me. It is almost as loud but it sounds more like exhaust and less like straights. I haven't rode in his car so I'm not sure how the cabin noise is.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
What about running a longer chamber? I know a guy with dynomax race bullets, another with Magnaflow bullets, and another with 22" magnaflows where the resonators were. All of these guys have O/R X's and no axle back mufflers. The two guys with Magnaflow have long tubes.

The guy with dynomax's sounds good, he has quad tips on it and that gives it a unique sound. Its loud inside but nothing unbearable.

The guy with Magnaflow bullets sounds good at WOT but kind of meh the rest of the time. He complains about drone badly. I haven't heard him get on it hard after the long tubes.

The guy with 22" Magnaflow by far sounds the best to me. It is almost as loud but it sounds more like exhaust and less like straights. I haven't rode in his car so I'm not sure how the cabin noise is.

Thanks guys.

Zevox, thats exactly what I'm looking for. I like the idea of the 22" Magnaflows. Is your buddy with that set-up on here?...Is there any way in hell you could ask him to do a quick clip?...There are no vids online that I could find with that set-up.
Are you certain they are the 22" Glasspacks or could they be these:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/10416/10002/-1

Last edited:

Zevox

Established Member
EDIT- Exhaust is Part#: 10436

The exhaust guy said they were 22's but I'm not sure, I didn't think they were glass packs. I will text both of them and find out for you. Here are some street races so you can kind of hear him. His is the red 2012 and there are round 2 videos of both of these races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr8zk9Cd9pM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDccS_WFX8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is the guy with the Magnaflow bullets, magna packs whatever, racing me when I had Magnaflow streets so you can't really hear mine over his. Pretty sure this is before the long tubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGycvCzWXV4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And I have a dyno video of the guy with dynomax ones but I have to upload it to YouTube or something, I'll edit it back in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iR3uU6pKLY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I replaced my resonators with bullets and it may have decreased the volume slightly, but not a lot, but it did get rid of a ton of unwanted rasp.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
The exhaust guy said they were 22's but I'm not sure, I didn't think they were glass packs. I will text both of them and find out for you. Here are some street races so you can kind of hear him. His is the red 2012 and there are round 2 videos of both of these races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr8zk9Cd9pM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDccS_WFX8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is the guy with the Magnaflow bullets, magna packs whatever, racing me when I had Magnaflow streets so you can't really hear mine over his. Pretty sure this is before the long tubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGycvCzWXV4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And I have a dyno video of the guy with dynomax ones but I have to upload it to YouTube or something, I'll edit it back in.

Awesome!! Thanks man. The red one sounds pretty damn good during that back-road race on the fly-by. If you could find out exactly what he is running, I would really appreciate it!....You're pretty sure he's got an O/R X on it?

Zevox

Established Member
Awesome!! Thanks man. The red one sounds pretty damn good during that back-road race on the fly-by. If you could find out exactly what he is running, I would really appreciate it!....You're pretty sure he's got an O/R X on it?

Positive. He's got custom catbacks, well I guess headers back technically, even has a custom made X pipe. I edited the part number into the other post, but its 10436 for the 22" mufflers.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Positive. He's got custom catbacks, well I guess headers back technically, even has a custom made X pipe. I edited the part number into the other post, but its 10436 for the 22" mufflers.

Ok so stock headers, custom O/R X, 22" Maggies and no mufflers then right?

momogt

Established Member
I used a summit bullet style muffler to replace my resonators yes calm down the rasp and really cleaned up the sound they were only 22.00 each

Zevox

Established Member
Ok so stock headers, custom O/R X, 22" Maggies and no mufflers then right?

He has BBK long tubes too, I think BBK at least. But yeah, everything else you said is right.

IMG_5303_zps3321e835.gif

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Oh, I forgot that I have the Boss H-pipe from MRT, so I will eventually have Boss side pipes to go on as well. When I can afford them. :(

Check this setup, which is what I was originally going for.

[youtube_browser]AT-EVDpdMwU[/youtube_browser]

That sounds really good!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread