E85? Add an intercooler? Both?

robvas

Established Member
Alright, what would SVTers do?

Car is a 97 Cobra, ~600 wheel, NOVI 2000 @ 15lbs 3.4" pulley, meth injection, no intercooler, 16 degrees of timing, 9.2:1. I drive it once or twice a week.

If possible I'd like to get another 50hp. Do you think it's possible?

1. Switch to bigger injectors (have a Glenns 1000hp fuel system and 60lb right now) and run E85. Add two pounds of boost? Just add some timing? Will 80lb injectors do 650whp?

2. Add a front mount intercooler. Right now my IATs hit 200+. Current injectors will handle this, probably need to add a blow-through setup (have a BA2600 or whatever right now). Drawback is running an open bypass valve. pssshhhhhhh.

3. Do both. Worth it?

Should I keep the meth around on either setup?

I've emailed the previous tuner who's within a 2 hour drive to see what they recommend as well.

q6543

Established Member
Tune it on Q16 and turn it up.

No to the FMIC... that'll cost HP
Add meth pre blower?? That'll cool Temps and pick up 1 or 2 lbs.

Injectors depend on RPM..
Could get away with DW95s if you keep it under 6k and have enough pump.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm the kind that always suggests an intercooler for FI set ups. Never a bad thing to cool the air charge. That plus E85 is being extra safe IMO.

You can still run the BPV back to the intake in a blow through set up. It won't hurt anything.

80's should handle that no problem.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I would add a FMIC, put a slightly smaller pulley on the supercharger to make up for the IC, run dual nozzle Meth injection, and add 2-3 degrees of timing. This should get you the extra 50hp and reduce IAT's simultaneously.

Switching to E85 is another option, but would cost more. Depending on your current fuel system, you'd need ethanol compatable components. Bigger injectors will also be necessary.

robvas

Established Member
I am spraying both right before the SC and before the TB right now

Badaz01

Established Member
I have a 10.5:1 engine in my 01 cobra with a d1 and three core intercooler and my iat’s are usually within 10-15 degrees of outside temperatures.

Users who are viewing this thread