E85 and 1/4 Mile Results

Gruca

Established Member
Gruca, how did it go? You done yet? I have a BAP/fuel pump issue (not sure which yet, diagnosing) and considering a fuel system myself. Install a big PITA? Still need to learn to launch lol but maybe more hp will help :)

It honestly wasn’t that bad. I did it by myself in my garage in a weekend. I had a few hiccups that pissed me off, but otherwise not terrible. If you’re a patient person, which I’m am not, you’d probably have an even easier time. Getting a boost reference to the fuel pressure regulator took some fabbing of a boost pipe. My father in law took care of that for me though. I’m doing my tuning with AED now. Just sent my second set of gas logs for the flex tune.

jeffs

Established Member
No track results, but on the dyno I went from 668 rwhp and 507 lb*ft to 739 rwhp and 553 lb*ft with the boss intake going from 93 to E85
So you had the boss intake with both fuels, not upgraded to boss at the same time as going to E85
No track results, but on the dyno I went from 668 rwhp and 507 lb*ft to 739 rwhp and 553 lb*ft with the boss intake going from 93 to E85

fuelforfire87

Established Member
So you had the boss intake with both fuels, not upgraded to boss at the same time as going to E85
Yes had the boss intake installed when i had a tune for 93 octane and then got a fuel system (sai li) and went to e85. No other changes between dyno runs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Blwnova

Established Member
It honestly wasn’t that bad. I did it by myself in my garage in a weekend. I had a few hiccups that pissed me off, but otherwise not terrible. If you’re a patient person, which I’m am not, you’d probably have an even easier time. Getting a boost reference to the fuel pressure regulator took some fabbing of a boost pipe. My father in law took care of that for me though. I’m doing my tuning with AED now. Just sent my second set of gas logs for the
It honestly wasn’t that bad. I did it by myself in my garage in a weekend. I had a few hiccups that pissed me off, but otherwise not terrible. If you’re a patient person, which I’m am not, you’d probably have an even easier time. Getting a boost reference to the fuel pressure regulator took some fabbing of a boost pipe. My father in law took care of that for me though. I’m doing my tuning with AED now. Just sent my second set of gas logs for the flex tune.

Gruca

Established Member
Hey Gruca how hard was the wiring setup? Did you have to tap into any factory wiring?

The wiring was pretty simple. The kit includes a harness to make everything g plug an play except for the plug for the fuel pumps. The GT and the GT350 hats both use different plugs. I depinned my stock fuel pump connector and added the pins to the GT350 connector the way the instructions said to. You have to be careful with the pins because they will break if you bend them too many times. I had one pin break off. Easy fix with male and female wire ends connectors though. You can also just cut the stock connector off and wire it to the GT350 connector. It comes setup with the wires already pinned so that you can cut yours and wires them together. You’ll have to depin the GT350 plug if you don’t want to cut your connector off. The GT350 connector comes with 2 wires pinned already and them 4 wires pinned but not connected to anything. Those are the 4 you connect the stock plug wires to.

I’m making it sound more complicated than it is. So long story short, you can do it the easy way and cut your connector wires or you can depin it and pin it to the GT350 connector.

jeffs

Established Member
Yes had the boss intake installed when i had a tune for 93 octane and then got a fuel system (sai li) and went to e85. No other changes between dyno runs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
That's awesome man, I'm hoping for 6's in the 1/8th going from 91 octane to E85 this next race season. Current best has been a high 7.0 at 96, most runs are 7.2-7.3 in the 94-95mph range, no dyno numbers

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
screw it, just bought a fore fuel system. Joining the dark side (too much hp, cant launch)

Gruca

Established Member
screw it, just bought a fore fuel system. Joining the dark side (too much hp, cant launch)

Lol nice. I like E85 way better so far. My gas mileage was shit before (like 14mpg avg) and I was paying $3 to $3.80 a gallon for 93 octane. Now I get like 11-12mpg but I'm paying $1.90 a gallon for E85. I fill up basically the same amount of times per week and instead of $50+ for a tank of gas, I pay $28.

Blwnova

Established Member
How does the power feel like? Is it a notable difference? I’m still waiting for my fuel system to be shipped,I ordered it on the 13th. Already got my tune from AED just waiting to install my id1050s and fuel system than back to the dyno

Gruca

Established Member
How does the power feel like? Is it a notable difference? I’m still waiting for my fuel system to be shipped,I ordered it on the 13th. Already got my tune from AED just waiting to install my id1050s and fuel system than back to the dyno

Definitely can tell the power difference. It used to be that 1st and 2nd gear were useless at WOT. I tried to pass someone in 4th while going 55mph and when I stepped on it, the car damn near went sideways. I almost had a Mustang meme created about me lol. Went datalogging in 3rd gear, I had to heat up the tires real good just to get traction when doing the WOT run. The power is definitely there.

Users who are viewing this thread