E85 conversion on 2003 Cobra Help!

CarEnthusiast05

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra with 60lb injectors and KB BAP with a stage 4 steige ported blower. It made 480rwhp and 480rwhp on a pretty conservative 12:1 AFR throughout the power band. I am wanting to know the cheapest way to go e85 and what power numbers I can expect? Will the fuel lines rot or will I have no issues thanks?!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
So, I converted mine over a couple years back. I used aeroquip hoses and fittings to piece the system together myself. This was cheaper than fragola stuff and I have yet to have issues with the hoses letting vapor through causing issues with smell when my car sits.

I think I remember reading somewhere that that when converting over to E85, you want to start at least around 33% larger on your fuel pump and injectors.

I run the Ford Performance 80lb injectors in my car. They’re okay for the money. I wouldn’t go any cheaper than that on injectors off I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
530-560 hp is what I would expect you to make on a good fuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Some guys have run E85 on the returnless setup, but I believe you are power limited.

I don’t have any advice on doing it “cheap”, but maybe you mean you just don’t want to go crazy.

I went return with a Fore Level1E with upgraded pumps and PTFE hoses. Skipped their ripoff “controller” deal saved me a few hundred bucks.

With no other changes but adding timing in, you can expect about 50rwhp and torque.

Adding boost adds more of course

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Rhinogt

Established Member
I am running a “cheap” setup on E85 with a ported Eaton. Right now I have a BAP wired Pre FPDM w/ lethal wire upgrade. I’m running Dual FPDM’s w/ upgraded +/- wires to the stock hat and two improved gt pumps. Also I am using 80 lb injectors.

currently my FPDC peaks at 85% pushing 550-560 ish. The stock fuel line, filter, and hat are a restriction for the pumps, but I’m not close enough to maxing the pumps to worry about it.

Dusten

Established Member
I wouldn't call 12:1 conservative. I'd call that more on the lean side.

At the very least I'd say you'll need better pumps. But that depends on how close your current set up is to being maxed out.
Aggressive. Not conservative.

Users who are viewing this thread