• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

E85 newb - Storage questions

Discussion in 'The Distillery' started by RioRed4v, Aug 27, 2019.

1. RioRed4v

RioRed4v Active Member Established Member

Recently bought an 09 GT500 that's been tuned for E85. The more I've read about E85 it seems like it isn't recommended for the car to sit for long periods of time.

I'm trying to figure out what I should do for this upcoming winter. Should I drain the tank of E85 and toss a bit of regular gas in run it through the lines so it'll be okay for winter? Maybe toss some stabilizer in the E85 and just keep that in there? I'm open to options I just want to try and avoid having the injectors cleaned every year and a bunch of junk built up. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Bdubbs

Bdubbs u even lift bro? Established Member

I live in Minnesota. I've always stored mine with 91 non oxygenated fuel. Come spring I'll maybe use half a tank, then I get sick of it and drain it out. And put in e70 which is our winter blend until June.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

3. blownstang4.6

blownstang4.6 Active Member Established Member

I drain the E85. Fill with 5 gallons of 93. Drive around to kill most of those 5 gallons and whatever E85 was still left in the tank after draining. Fill it to full with 93 and park it.

4. RioRed4v

Out of curiosity, what's the easiest way to drain? Can it be siphoned out?

5. blownstang4.6

blownstang4.6 Active Member Established Member

I have a fitting with a screw on cap right before the rail. I attach the hose, load the drain tank tune, flip the key and the pumps stay on until I flip the key back.

You'll need a tune that keeps the pumps running full time and will need to disconnect the fuel line at the rail in order to put a hose on it. You can't siphon it out.

6. RioRed4v

Oh nice. Sounds pretty easy going that route. I'm getting ready to have the car retuned so I'll ask him about that. Thanks!