E85 Results on Centri Mach 1

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Engine was still running strong with zero issues on the e85. I just pulled the engine out last weekend for a full tear down and rebuild. Forged internals, fresh heads, comp cams, etc. Also swapping in a built 4r70w with the engine swap. I'm going to see what it traps with that setup, no pulley change. I'm hoping for really low 11s at 125mph. Afterwards I will spin the blower harder with an overdrive lower. If I don't hit mid 10s at 130+mph I'll swap it out for a Paxton 2200 or if I'm close maybe just an SI upgrade.

I think the detonation resistance that e85 provides really helps keep the stock engine running when you are pushing it to its upper limits. I wouldn't be able to reach my power goals on pump gas. With a turbo or big blower car you can just turn up the boost to increase cylinder pressure and power, with a little centri I don't have that option.

One thing I did learn is that e85 on my car did not like low timing and a more conservative AFR 11.0-11.4. It would run sloppy and miss. It runs very smooth and more powerful with aggressive timing and AFR 11.8-12.0. Runs better off boost with the e85 as well. I e85 convert almost every car I own, its the best.

Thanks! Stock fuel lines have been holding up fine? Do you use the stock fuel filter or a stainless one?

My car went 11.37 @ 120.71 with a 1.63 60' this past Sunday at full weight. Stock motor, trans, rearend. Ive got an auto 4r75w with a Circle D 4c converter and modified valve body. Car was tuned last month to 436/377 on 93 with the converter unlocked. 12.4psi out of an intercooled V1 S trim and only 11.25 degrees of timing. My tuner says he can easily get me into the 10's on e85 and add close to 100rwhp.

I got a cobra fuel tank assembly this past weekend. My plan is to swap the pumps for Wallbro modified GT supercar e85 pumps, swap the stock fpdm for a modified fpdm, upgrade from 60 to 80lb injectors, and find a stainless filter to hook up to the stock lines. I already have a KB 40amp BAP and wiring upgrad on the car. What do you think of this setup?

Last edited:

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Finally got around to getting mine on the dyno to dial in the E85 only added 2.5* of timing and maxed the 60lb injectors. Graph attached of the 93 vs E85. Timing on 93 is 11.25 and in E85 it's 13.75. This is through a stalled auto on the stock motor.

IMG-20181023-152430.jpg

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Main reason because injectors are maxed out and we were starting to get some pressure drop up top. Going into this we were looking to put max 14-15* into it. Also this is on the stock motor so we weren't willing to push it much more than 500rwhp. Stick equivalent is about 535rwhp. If I had a little more injector we probably would've got another 15-20rwhp out of it before calling it quits. A 48rwhp gain from 2.5* is fantastic.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ah ok I gotcha. That is a lot from 2.5 degrees.

I always see the end result of just e85 and timing yielding around 50rwhp. Curious if just fuel would do anything with the same timing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread