~E85 Test~

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
So if it requires 40% more fuel, doesnt that offset the cost?
It only uses 10-15% more at cruise. (Some tuners tune it even less) It is a good idea to upgrade your fuel system to more capacity for WOT. 40% is just a reference as far as a fuel system upgrade.

And yes, even running a little more fuel is much better than running race Gas @ $11-$16 per gallon. It even outperforms race gas in most cases and you can get it at the pump without worrying about storage or the lead ruining your O2 sensors.

There are many, many advantages to running E85.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
So if it requires 40% more fuel, doesnt that offset the cost?

i cant speak for the other guys but i did NOT switch to e-85 to save money compared to premium fuel. you can not compare the price to that of 91-93 oct. i switched so i can run 21psi and alot of timing ALL THE TIME. you have to compare the cost to that of race fuel, 100 oct at the pump here is 5.99gal.

yes my mileage went from 14mpg to 9-10mpg, but i dont have to change pulley's and tunes to get race fuel performance, i have it at all times.

RangerTuckn20z

Behemoth
Established Member
Yea im already running E85 in it (idleing) just haven't taken it to be tuned. My gas light was on when I put the E85 in so the tuner won't have to do to much. The car was running way to rich after the #80's and bigger line and Fore hat. So I let it idle most the 93 out now its a mix of about a couple gallions of 93 and the rest is E85. Taking the car sometime this week for the tune. Can't wait!

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Yea im already running E85 in it (idleing) just haven't taken it to be tuned. My gas light was on when I put the E85 in so the tuner won't have to do to much. The car was running way to rich after the #80's and bigger line and Fore hat. So I let it idle most the 93 out now its a mix of about a couple gallions of 93 and the rest is E85. Taking the car sometime this week for the tune. Can't wait!

i cant wait to get tuned also, 1st trip the stock fuel line was a bottle neck and my rail pressure was dropping. now i have the fore hat and -8 line, so hopefuly i will be good to go.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Just ordered my tester via the link Kevin provided. I plan to bring it with me for bringing the car back that I am purchasing. Thanks!!!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Considering Kevin's car never sees boost it's not much of a problem. :lol1::D

Seeing pictures of his car, I would've guessed that it never leaves the garage. He just tests the E85 to make sure it would be suitable in case he ever needs to drive the Cobra in an emergency. :D:D

Man, I wish VA would get on board with E85.... I would have switched over like it was going out of style if there were stations with it here. :(

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Seeing pictures of his car, I would've guessed that it never leaves the garage. He just tests the E85 to make sure it would be suitable in case he ever needs to drive the Cobra in an emergency. :D:D

Man, I wish VA would get on board with E85.... I would have switched over like it was going out of style if there were stations with it here. :(

LOL, it actually does leave the garage. Everytime I see Kevin, I leave one little finger print somewhere on his car and he always finds it. He's seriously OCD, but a great friend. :)

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
can't get no e85 close to bowling green ky :(
Yep. Looks about 54 miles away in Springfield, TN is the closest.

Keep us posted with the results.

i cant wait to get tuned also, 1st trip the stock fuel line was a bottle neck and my rail pressure was dropping. now i have the fore hat and -8 line, so hopefuly i will be good to go.
Keep us posted as well.

Considering Kevin's car never sees boost it's not much of a problem. :lol1::D
:lol::lol:

Just ordered my tester via the link Kevin provided. I plan to bring it with me for bringing the car back that I am purchasing. Thanks!!!
Any time John. You found a real nice ride that's for sure! I'm sure JC is going to miss it!

:lol::lol:

Going to have to demand it more. Problem is the average person doesn't even know what it is. They just see the "FlexFuel" emblem on their car. :nonono:

LOL, it actually does leave the garage. Everytime I see Kevin, I leave one little finger print somewhere on his car and he always finds it. He's seriously OCD, but a great friend. :)
LOL. We need to do the Friday night GTG again Steve.

RangerTuckn20z

Behemoth
Established Member
I am still at the tuner. So far numbers are low but only 17lbs and it was 109 degrees when he made a pull. I am gonna have to go back at a later date when I get a crank pulley so I can get over 20lbs. Right now my 2.6 has a 3.250 on it and I don't want to go much smaller.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
I am still at the tuner. So far numbers are low but only 17lbs and it was 109 degrees when he made a pull. I am gonna have to go back at a later date when I get a crank pulley so I can get over 20lbs. Right now my 2.6 has a 3.250 on it and I don't want to go much smaller.

and what were the #'s??

lee4him

Established Member
Have a Ported Eaton and lower intake w/BAP. 2.8 upper 4lb lower. LTs, O/R X, Borla CAT back. JLT intake. Stock pumps less PPRV and stock lines/rails.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Have a Ported Eaton and lower intake w/BAP. 2.8 upper 4lb lower. LTs, O/R X, Borla CAT back. JLT intake. Stock pumps less PPRV and stock lines/rails.
You will have to fill up with E85 and get a retune.

I would think you will have enough fuel system with the Eaton, but you will have to datalog Fuel Pump Duty Cycle and Injector Duty Cycle to make sure.

I would run the BAP @ 50 and bump the fuel pressure to 50 psi in the tune and give it a try. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread