• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

e85

Discussion in 'Canada' started by canadianbullitt, Sep 21, 2012.

1. canadianbullitt

canadianbullitt Active Member Established Member

Anyone ever wonder why we don't have e85? Know if there is any plans to bring it to Canada? Sure would be nice!!
    Thoughts?

2. 1HurtinAlbertan

1HurtinAlbertan New Member Established Member

Funny you mention it. I've been wondering the same thing for a long time. You'd think we'd have it out west for sure!
    I noticed petro Canada has 94 premium now though. So I guess that's an improvement... Husky has 94 too, but I've heard their "ethanol blend" can be hard on fuel system/seals. I have no idea, but when I finally do get around to s/c upgrades, I'll probably keep a tune for 94, and 91.

3. sc4.6

sc4.6 Member Established Member

It's pretty sad, we have an ethanol plant 15 mins from my house but no e85 at any stations.

4. 97ttsnake

97ttsnake New Member Established Member

e85 is not reknow to froze easely? if so maybe it's the only reason we don't have any all around canada....

no VP gas station and no e85....dammit.....

5. canadianbullitt

canadianbullitt Active Member Established Member

As far a I know petro Canada is the same as husky 94 and can contain up to 10% ethanol as well. Some guys seem not to like that and just run shell 91. I run husky with no issues so far. Still wish we had some higher octane stuff though. Might get a torco tune sometime this spring or run some meth at one point.

6. xtremekustomz

xtremekustomz Member Established Member

Wish we had e85 so I could throw down some big #'s

7. Bullitt1448

Bullitt1448 Active Member Established Member

There is now one E85 fuel station in Vancouver, hope they start a new trend

8. azazell64

azazell64 Member Established Member

This same station will ship the E85 to you for a not bad price but in minimum 4 X 55 gallon drum increments.

9. Need 04 Wine

Need 04 Wine Well-Known Member Established Member Established Member

Once e85 starts coming around it will more than likely be years before it is readily available with ease to find. Look at the dpf its been on trucks since what 2011?ish and there are a lot of stations that still only have it in jugs vs the pump setup like everyone claimed they would have.

Would you not be just as far ahead to run a Meth set-up? or at least close and then getting fluid would not be an issue. Even if you ran out just drive accordingly until you get it refilled.

Make road trips a lot less stressful.

Also the small amount of reading I have done on e85, it looks like it demands a full redo to your system Injectors all the lines, pump everything. Especially if the car were to sit for any period of time

Would be cool to have it for a track tune though.