E85

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Regardless of fuel system on a 13-14 GT500 to run E-85 you need a Competiton Dual BAP and ID 1000 injectors at a minimum with the OEM fuel system.

Sorry Van, I was addressing the OP question of running E85 on a stock GT500.
I was under the impression just a boost a pump and tune and ditching the cats could tolerate E85 at stock power levels.

For those considering it, here's a quote from the KB article:
"E85
Here too, the 2.3 is too small to take advantage of the HP potential of the increasingly popular E85 which will support another 12 psi
(+240HP) of boost. Unfortunately, the 2.3 size and efficiency limits it’s boost/cfm capacity. Also, the 2.3 PC (power consumption)
and charge temp are increasing exponentially with boost and supercharger RPM. We have made 1000+HP on our Dynojet on
E85/larger injectors with ONLY an off the shelf 4.2 kit and a 20V BOOST-A-PUMP®. No headers, cat back, cams, heads, NOS, etc. "

http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/Shelby_2013_TechTips.pdf

There are a few compromises, but if you can get consistent E85 at a pump near you (luckily I can), it truly is like getting race gas at the pump.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
And not arguing any points here, my brother, friends and I have all ran E85 with success and I agree with you guys.
Good to hear others are doing it with our '13-14s!
-J

BIRDDOC

Established Member
With E85 the stock injectors start to max out about 715+ish WHP. After about 750ish WHP the pumps are starting to get close to maxing out. With ID1000 injectors and Comp BAP on
E85 your good too 950+WHP(probably need ID 1300 once you get over 900 WHP though).

Last edited:

eagle eye

Established Member
With E85 the stock injectors start to max out about 715+ish WHP. After about 750ish WHP the pumps are starting to get close to maxing out. With ID1000 injectors and Comp BAP on
E85 your good too 950+WHP.

Hey Doc, did you start using E-85 prior to any of mods?
Does the exhaust smell any different with E-85?

Can't imagine running an additional 300hp. The wheel spin has got to be uncontrollable, especially with the GYs.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Hey Doc, did you start using E-85 prior to any of mods?
Does the exhaust smell any different with E-85?

Can't imagine running an additional 300hp. The wheel spin has got to be uncontrollable, especially with the GYs.

I had most of my mods done prior to the switch to E85. The exhaust smells SOOOO much better. LOL. I love the smell.

Yeah, MT ET Streets (305/35/20) full time to get hooked up on the street (1st is still a waste and most of second). Third ect. hook great with them. Temps and air pressure dependent. You learn to use a light right foot with the power....Well most of the time :):beer:

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Sorry Van, I was addressing the OP question of running E85 on a stock GT500.
I was under the impression just a boost a pump and tune and ditching the cats could tolerate E85 at stock power levels.

For those considering it, here's a quote from the KB article:
"E85
Here too, the 2.3 is too small to take advantage of the HP potential of the increasingly popular E85 which will support another 12 psi
(+240HP) of boost. Unfortunately, the 2.3 size and efficiency limits it’s boost/cfm capacity. Also, the 2.3 PC (power consumption)
and charge temp are increasing exponentially with boost and supercharger RPM. We have made 1000+HP on our Dynojet on
E85/larger injectors with ONLY an off the shelf 4.2 kit and a 20V BOOST-A-PUMP®. No headers, cat back, cams, heads, NOS, etc. "

http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/Shelby_2013_TechTips.pdf

There are a few compromises, but if you can get consistent E85 at a pump near you (luckily I can), it truly is like getting race gas at the pump.
-J

And not arguing any points here, my brother, friends and I have all ran E85 with success and I agree with you guys.
Good to hear others are doing it with our '13-14s!
-J

J-

I'm with ya. No argument. As to the OP's original question that would be correct.

My point was simply that if you're doing it you might as well do it right the first time. Get some ID 1000 or ID 1300 injectors and a competition BAP and you're ready to rock as far as you need to go.

Do I smell some corn in your future?

VC

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
J-

I'm with ya. No argument. As to the OP's original question that would be correct.

My point was simply that if you're doing it you might as well do it right the first time. Get some ID 1000 or ID 1300 injectors and a competition BAP and you're ready to rock as far as you need to go.

Do I smell some corn in your future?

VC

Haha, yes you do.
When I met Lund at Norwalk we talked a while about it, he was testing the new ID set at the race (130s?).
I have 3 stations within 10 miles that get regular E85 and test right on, seems like a no brainer when I add power. My plan is to stay on 93 and the usual bolt-ons now, then over winter or early spring go to corn with an upper pulley and ported blower :burnout:
I'll keep you in the loop ;-)
-J

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
I would think you should be able to swap back and forth between regular and E85. But you'll want to make sure you drain as much of the old stuff out as you can.

I really wish there was a way to adapt a flex fuel sensor to these cars, that would make life so much easier. I have one on my TT Fox with my XFI 2.0, although I just run straight E85 all the time.

When you convert to all E85 components you can switch back and forth but if you have pump gas (90-94 octane) mixed in with e85 then you need to run the pump gas tune until all the pump gas is ran out until you can run e85 with the tune and advance timing. This is all assuming that you will be using the GT500 ECM with a SCT tuner to switch back and forth tunes.

I am running the flex fuel sensor in my car hooked up to a Zeitronix Ethanol analyzer so I know how much E85 content is going to my fuel injectors.
ECAkit-blue-120.gif

Zeitronix ECA : SEMA Award Winning Ethanol Content Analyzer and Flex Fuel Sensor for E-85 and E-85/gasoline Blends

I am ditching the display and using my Flex fuel sensor to tie into my ProEfi Stand alone so that it can automatically adjust timing and fuel maps according to how much ethanol is in my system. I will never have to worry about switching from pump to e85 again. Here is a video of the demonstration when they fill with 93 octane and do a WOT Pull and then they fill it up with e85 back to back and do a full pull with more power with out changing a thing:
[youtube_browser]a1CzmmMUy50[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread