E85

eagle eye

Established Member
What needs to be altered on the 2013s to run E85?
Does it work best with a mods or can you get HP benefits
with the stock motor, and how much?

Derek5774

Established Member
What needs to be altered on the 2013s to run E85?
Does it work best with a mods or can you get HP benefits
with the stock motor, and how much?

You will need a boost a pump
And upgraded injectors
I recommend ID1000's
And tune is required
You will see more power, I believe you can run more boost with E85

TORQJNKY

You will need a boost a pump
And upgraded injectors
I recommend ID1000's
And tune is required
You will see more power, I believe you can run more boost with E85

I agree with this. OP you will definitely need to upgrade the fuel system to run E85. This is my set up as I get ready to do the swap to E85 and yes you can run more boost/timing safely. I wouldn't run it until you start reaching the limits of 93 Octane with mods. It will provide gains over 93 Octane with a stock setup but IMO isn't worth the mileage limitations until you start making big power with MODS. I only have two E85 stations in my area, so I have been holding off.

I get around 200 miles per tank.

Is that in town/highway miles only or with some spirited driving included.

Last edited:

Derek5774

Established Member
E85 requires 30% more fuel consumption over pump gas
That is why you have to upgrade the fuel system

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think you will need injectors, just boost-a-pumps and a tune, plus changing to a SS element (non-paper) filter.
I have E85 at several large local stations, my brother has raced on E85 for 5 years or so, no issues, just benefits!
Your car will run cooler and will allow a more aggressive tune for more power, so benefits there even if no mods.
I will be running corn next year.
-J

Myfast70

Established Member
The only real limitations that I've found with E85 so far is availability. We have a lot of stations in town so it's great. When you want to take a road trip things dry up real quick as far as E85 stations go.

Van@RevanRacing

Regardless of fuel system on a 13-14 GT500 to run E-85 you need a Competiton Dual BAP and ID 1000 injectors at a minimum with the OEM fuel system.

Van@RevanRacing

The 13 - 14 GT500's have dual 5.0 pumps. Yes, the additional voltage drives the pump harder but all testing and indications show that these 5.0 pumps are more than capable of handling the additional voltage and output.

TORQJNKY

The 13 - 14 GT500's have dual 5.0 pumps. Yes, the additional voltage drives the pump harder but all testing and indications show that these 5.0 pumps are more than capable of handling the additional voltage and output.

Well :cuss: Guess I'll be calling you Tuesday for the Competition version of the KB BAP. The shit you learn after you've already purchased and installed something! :mj:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Can you simply swap back and forth between 93 and E85 tunes to use either fuel you want so long as you make all the proper changes for E85 or do you need to stick with E85 once you change over?

Myfast70

Established Member
Can you simply swap back and forth between 93 and E85 tunes to use either fuel you want so long as you make all the proper changes for E85 or do you need to stick with E85 once you change over?

I would think you should be able to swap back and forth between regular and E85. But you'll want to make sure you drain as much of the old stuff out as you can.

I really wish there was a way to adapt a flex fuel sensor to these cars, that would make life so much easier. I have one on my TT Fox with my XFI 2.0, although I just run straight E85 all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread