Ear Pod Recommendation

floodstang

Established Member
The wifey wants a pair of Ear Pods and I have no idea which ones to get. Anyone have a recommendation? I want to get her a decent pair that’s comfortable and sound good.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have these and own a few of the portable speakers which are the best on the market in that price range in my opinion.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Had a set of powerbeats pro and they got the job done. Until my dog chewed on one. Replaced them with jlabs air sport. Paid 20 something bucks. They sound crisper than the expensive powerbeats. They are actually more comfortable too.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've had good luck with the Jlabs and Skullcandies. My current gym ear buds are Skull Candies.

_Snake_

Established Member
The wifey wants a pair of Ear Pods and I have no idea which ones to get. Anyone have a recommendation? I want to get her a decent pair that’s comfortable and sound good.

Check out the Jabra Elite 85t. They’re on sale for $120/pair on Amazon and a bunch of other places.

madscotsman

Established Member
I have a few pairs and the best sounding ones I have are Bowers & Wilkins Pi7's. They are leaps and bounds above any other ear buds I've owned and the sound is phenomenal. Nothing Apple makes holds a candle to them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just bought a pair of Gen 2 EarPod Pros. Outstanding. Very comfortable and they stay put when I'm moving and/or sweating. I use them when I'm on my Peloton bike. My wife has the regular EarPods (not the Gen 2 Pro version) and they don't stay secure in her ear.

The specs on the Bowers & Wilkins Pi7 are impressive, but they are not getting great reviews on Amazon. 48% 5-star. 15% 4-star. 12% 3-star 11% 2-star 14% 1-star. Seems the common complaints are loose fit in the ear and spotty connectivity. If they resolve the fit issues and connectivity issues, these would appear to be a home run.

@floodstang, if you do go with EarPods for your wife, the ONLY one I recommend is the Pro version. A bit more expensive, but they're very comfortable and stay put. They also include a few different size tips. I just used the uses already installed and found them perfect.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I'm still rockin' the Koss headphones.
k6lc.jpg

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Another vote for AirPod Pros. I never thought I'd spend the money on something like that, but after about 30 seconds use I could see why. The noise cancellation was unreal compared to any wired set I had previously. I've had them about a year now and use them probably 2-3 hours a day religiously and have 0 complaints.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Hopefully this wall of text helps some lol:

Best all around, and ones that get the most use, are the Sony XM4. Awesome sound, good app / eq, work great on Samsung and Apple (I use an iPhone 14 and Galaxy Tab S7+ on the daily). They also sound good in calls even with a lot of background noise. The ambient noise and ANC work excellent. I can also fall asleep with them in and they will stay in my ears while not being uncomfortable. They also use a common tip size so if you don’t like the foam ones included you can swap them out.

The AirPods are awesome for use with apple, as expected, and are okay with the S7+. Very comfortable. Though if I fall asleep with them on and generally fall out of my ears. Otherwise they stay planted well. I love the FindMy integration as well. Sound is adequate. ANC works very well too.

Samsung Buds Pro 1st gen: unless you have a Samsung device I wouldn’t recommend. Even then I’d still sway towards the Sony. They work adequate on all above aspects but holy crap they don’t stay in my ears. I might get 10 minutes tops before I have to adjust them, which generally triggers one of the touch controls that keeps turning on even though I repeatedly turn it off lol complete disobedience these things. Also, they used some metal that apparently a lot of people are allergic to for the charging points which touch your ear. I didn’t have an issue with it but I’ve seen some nasty crap happen to peoples ears because of it. I’ve talked to enough people with the same complaints to figure it’s not just my retardation getting in the way.

Bose QC1. Sound is great, top notch ANC, reasonably comfortable for day use but horrible if I fall asleep with them on. Huge case. The main deal breaker is they are the only ones in my group who use a “master / slave” connection. Meaning the right earbud connects to the device (master) and the left connects to the right (slave). I generally like to use one bud at a time so while I really enjoy them, they don’t get a lot of use outside the house. Otherwise they are top notch. The new QC2 are the same connection type, otherwise I would probably have a set lol

The other set of Bose buds in the pic are very similar to the totally wireless version though, obviously, not totally wireless. I use these a lot when mountain biking since taking a tumble and having to find an ejected earbud sucks ass lol.

Attachments

• 0FB1B33C-777D-43A4-8D22-E30379E58B58.jpeg
    0FB1B33C-777D-43A4-8D22-E30379E58B58.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 37

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very timely thread. lol. Wifey just asked for new ear buds. She was tired of the Airpods (3rd gen, standard). Connectivity issues and falling out of her ears. She was adminat she didn't want the Pros.

So, based on the comments here I got her the Sony's. Hopefully she likes them. Thanks all!!

Users who are viewing this thread