Eaton tvs 2650!!!

Jon82387

Established Member
Already have built motor/tf heads/cams/supporting mods. Been running a stock ported blower for a while.

Joel Charles customs makes machined billet midplates for lightnings that will allow you to put any gt500 blower on a lightning.... granted some firewall modifications and other minor things need done. But the blower will bolt right up with his kit.

Purchased my plate last year and billet 170mm throttle body. Just been waiting for this to finally come out so I can slap it on and make some real power.

Made 520rwhp with the baby ported eaton so 700+ with this should be easy!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My car is ready for 'warp drive' I'm going to skip ludacris mode and go right to plaid! :)
I'm also interested in seeing the TB options, to me it looks the same as my KB168 but I'd assume they'll offer adapters to run existing TBs.
For my car I'll be modding it for the most flow and run the highest flowing TB.
We will see what the baddest TVS can really do!
965rwhp SAE on the Gen2R to ????rwhp on the Gen3?
Stay tuned.
-J

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
My car is ready for 'warp drive' I'm going to skip ludacris mode and go right to plaid! :)
I'm also interested in seeing the TB options, to me it looks the same as my KB168 but I'd assume they'll offer adapters to run existing TBs.
For my car I'll be modding it for the most flow and run the highest flowing TB.
We will see what the baddest TVS can really do!
965rwhp SAE on the Gen2R to ????rwhp on the Gen3?
Stay tuned.
-J
You getting the 2650 ported as well?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You getting the 2650 ported as well?
I plan on optimizing it yes. BJ wasn't really interested in helping me get one in past despite having a built 5.8 ready to go on the dyno but BPS knew the potential of what I had built and Sylvain helped me get one coming and recommended a few mods for flow. I don't have sponsors and do this on my dime so my loyalty is to BPS and Sylvain. I'll make plans to obtain an early unit and discuss his recommendations for maximizing the current 2650 offering.
-J

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
I plan on optimizing it yes. BJ wasn't really interested in helping me get one in past despite having a built 5.8 ready to go on the dyno but BPS knew the potential of what I had built and Sylvain helped me get one coming and recommended a few mods for flow. I don't have sponsors and do this on my dime so my loyalty is to BPS and Sylvain. I'll make plans to obtain an early unit and discuss his recommendations for maximizing the current 2650 offering.
-J

Awesome. What is the goal 1050?

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I am curious to see how much hp this will add to a stock motor or is it for built applications?

If the Gen2R out flows the Gen1 by 40hp, what will the 2650 out flow the Gen2R by? Should be fun to compare when the time comes.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
IMO why spend the cash on a stock motor?
Gen 2R or even the Trinity and reg Gen 2 will easily support more than stock engine capabilities so save the cash unless you are 100% going to eventually build the motor.
My 2R makes 965rwhp SAE
-J

VNMOUS1

Established Member
-J
What does that mean? Were you trying for a sponsorship? Did you fill out the application? I am no longer with VMP but will tell you that they have people looking for sponsorships weekly. They are a manufacturer, not a shop. Thus they get requests worldwide.

Bj

[email protected]

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What does that mean? Were you trying for a sponsorship? Did you fill out the application? I am no longer with VMP but will tell you that they have people looking for sponsorships weekly. They are a manufacturer, not a shop. Thus they get requests worldwide.

Bj

[email protected]
It means exactly what I wrote.
Not really interested in going into further detail, but as stated BPS took car of me as he always does.
-J

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
What I’m saying is I currently have almost every bolt on with the Gen1 currently. Would it be beneficial to go with a Gen2R or the Gen3 2650? I don’t have goals to beef up motor atm

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So the 2650 is for a built motor?
Doesn't have to be, no. But it's a waste of money relative to a 2.3 blower if you never plan to build the motor.
You can do a stock engine TVS 2650 and at low boost make good power but you're spending $1000+ extra with no return on that extra cash as the TVS 2.3 will make the same power.
-J

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I don’t see huge sails for the Gen3 if it’s mainly for built applications. 90% of us are not built. Save the money? A Gen2R is what 3k? I don’t think an extra 1k will brake my bank

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I see your point the Gen2R will meet your goals non built. But everyone wants the next best thing regardless. Sense it outflows it’s predecessor

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
It shouldn't break anyone's bank when you're talking disposable income on a toy. BUT I can guarantee you even though you think you have every bolt on, the Gen2R and $1000 in mods to maximize the 2R will make the same or more power than just throwing a 2650 on your current combo. But again it's a strange discussion if you don't understand either blower will make enough to require a built shortblock. If just for a dyno number and spinning on the street, you can't go wrong either way. What is your goal?
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I see your point the Gen2R will meet your goals non built. But everyone wants the next best thing regardless. Sense it outflows it’s predecessor

The point is the 2.3 will make enough power with supporting mods to blow up your motor.

The question is this: Do you want to spend the extra money on supporting mods or the bigger blower?

The bigger blower might be the better idea because you can grow into it should you decide to build the motor down the road. Also it is more efficient so it should make more power with less crank-required HP.

Also the bigger blower will be easier to install than some of the supporting mods that the 2.3 would need to make the same power--Cams, headers, overdriven crank pulley, etc.

RBB

Established Member
If I was buying a new blower I'd go with the 2650 over the 2.3, even with a stock short block. It's always a win when you can make the same amount of power with lower boost. Also, as others have mentioned, it gives you the option to grow into it.

Users who are viewing this thread