Eaton tvs 2650!!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If the same price I'd agree also.
I guess my whole point was that the 2650 will be the new best thing, and it is; but it will also be more expensive and more than stock shortblock guys will need. Many would never push the limits of a Gen 2R and at that points it's wasted finances.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Will be interesting if they phase out the 2.3 variants and all will be Gen 3/TVS 2650?
-J

MastaAce03

Established Member
Will be interesting if they phase out the 2.3 variants and all will be Gen 3/TVS 2650?
-J

That's what I'm thinking as well. Why go 2.3 when you can go 2.65? What I think a lot of us who don't have built applications and are running pump fuel are looking to see is what kind of power increase we're seeing from this 2.65 pushing 15-16lbs vs the 2.3. If it's a 40-50hp increase at that boost level, then I think it would be a worthy upgrade from the 2.3. Question is, is that possible? Time will tell. I think you'll be deep into the 1000rwhp with pushing the 2.65 to its limits with your application. Can't wait to see this thing in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBB

Established Member
If the same price I'd agree also.
I guess my whole point was that the 2650 will be the new best thing, and it is; but it will also be more expensive and more than stock shortblock guys will need. Many would never push the limits of a Gen 2R and at that points it's wasted finances.
-J
I see your point, but I don't feel like most will think it's wasted finances if they're not pushing the Gen3 to its absolute max performance. Many owners of these cars just want the latest and greatest and really aren't all that concerned with max performance, they just want to get to the next car show.

In addition, the Gen3 will have enough benefits over the 2R to justify the price hike even at lower power levels.

sleek98

Established Member
In addition, the Gen3 will have enough benefits over the 2R to justify the price hike even at lower power levels.

I agree with this, why push a 10/15% overdrive with a 2.4 pulley and have to deal with belt slip when you could do the same thing with a 10% and say a 2.8 pulley or a stock lower and 2.6 upper. No need for cams when you can just drop a pulley size.

With the J2 flow mod I cannot run an aux idler, I know a couple guys that are fighting belt slip with their 15%/2.4. The larger blower while consuming less power and no belt slip is a win/win in my eyes. Plus if I can put a smaller lower damper on I see that as less stress on the crank.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes you have a point there but a 10/15% crank pulley actually improves belt slip as they are bigger than stock.
There are advantages to a bigger blower, but unless you want 800+Rwhp the current 2.3 is cheaper and easily gets it done.
I like to look at total package/combo and an efficient 2.3 combo will equal an inefficient 2650 combo (meaning 2650 on a stock motor).
It's a great thing to have an option for 'normal' people to bolt on a 2650 and go make big power.
-J

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Latest on the VMP Gen III.

http://www.fordnxt.com/tech-stories/power-adders/vmp-gen3-tvs-blower-is-a-warp-drive-upgrade/

Based on this overlay, I'm not sure the new throttle body will bolt onto anything else, and vice versa. Looks to me that the bolt pattern is not symmetrical, as noted by the lower left bolt hole.

vmp-gen-3-tvs-is-a-warp-drive-upgrade-for-coyotes-gt500s-0004.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be at PRI checking it out tomorrow. I forgot my KB168 TB measurements but I'm still assuming it's that larger bolt pattern.
Cat--I'm not seeing the asymmetry there but will closely check it out tomorrow!
-J

Poisonous West

Established Member
I'll be at PRI checking it out tomorrow. I forgot my KB168 TB measurements but I'm still assuming it's that larger bolt pattern.
-J

The KB throttle body bolt pattern is 172mm X 86mm (measure from center to center)

sleek98

Established Member
-J

Can i make a dumb request? Can you take a picture of the back of he blower? I’m curious to see how much the expanded the back towards the firewall and if it gets in the way of the back mounting bolt.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Notice the two bolt holes on the top left. Then look at the bottom hole. It may be that one hole is covered up in the overlay. Didn't look like that on the photo we saw from SEMA, so the overlay may be a little deceptive.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I know we have a general idea of launch time, but any specific ideas when we will get reviews, numbers and units in customer hands?

03kbredfire

Established Member
For the GT500...Is this a mythical unicorn. For over a year I heard that the release would be late third or early fourth quarter of 2017. Nothing. Heard SEMA. Nothing. I have now heard first or second quarter of 2018. I am thinking mythical unicorn. 2.9 and be done with all the waiting?

03kbredfire

Established Member
VMP confirmed that they have a hard Gen 3 release date for GT500 and Coyote in March.

Check out this thread:

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/vmp-2650-update-vid-inside.1154339/

Thanks for link and the ten minute heads up. I am now subscribed to that channel. I liked the miniature teaser 2650. The unicorn now has a carrot dangling in front of it. I purchased the dual fuel pump and id1000 kit on the black Fri. sale in 2016 in preparation of this release. I may have to blow some dust off the kit and get them ready to install.

This should enable GT500's to live at a high HP vice running the piss out of a 2.3L and creating too much heat and possibly blowing the motor. This is why I like this kit.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thanks for link and the ten minute heads up. I am now subscribed to that channel. I liked the miniature teaser 2650. The unicorn now has a carrot dangling in front of it. I purchased the dual fuel pump and id1000 kit on the black Fri. sale in 2016 in preparation of this release. I may have to blow some dust off the kit and get them ready to install.

This should enable GT500's to live at a high HP vice running the piss out of a 2.3L and creating too much heat and possibly blowing the motor. This is why I like this kit.
Agreed. For guys like me that only have 91 available, this is a game changer.

Ive been sounding like a broken record lately i know. Also, I could very well easily be wrong about my predictions , and ill eat crow if i am proved so.

But im betting its what we have been waiting for and more. Excellent power that bests the Gen2R on moderate boost for pump gas guys, and insane 1000+ power on high boost.

Sent from my banana using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RBB

Established Member
Has the case size been addressed yet? Wondering if this will fit under the stock hood without lowering the engine.....

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Has the case size been addressed yet? Wondering if this will fit under the stock hood without lowering the engine.....

I believe in the video from VMP they said it would fit under the hood without lowering.

Users who are viewing this thread