Eaton tvs 2650!!!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
My guess is that it will be taller than a Trinity TVS, but if a Whipple 2.9 fits under a stock hood, i have to imagine a 2.7L TVS 2 will

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I'd like to see VMP make it CA CARB legal. That is one major reason I have to lean towards KB.

1st usa car

Established Member
F:cuss: more HP, I need more traction :burnout: Let's see some tire companies step up and make some killer new tires, in the stock rim sizes that work as both drag and canyon carvers, and/or develop some kind of VHT on board spray tank that shoots sticky icky just ahead of your tires :D Or just pass a nationwide mandate all roads must be track prepped, and heated during the winter.

I agree - new TVS is great but I dont need anymore HP -- Having more and more traction will feel like gaining 100whp.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Is the 2.65 rotor pack longer than the 2.3? Is the overall height going to be a problem as in having to lower the engine to clear the stock hood?

Someone post this link in the 13-14 forum. It says: "As the customer power demands have gone up for popular V8 engines, Edelbrock’s stalwart blower, the 2300 model, is in danger of falling out of its efficiency range. The new Eaton rotors are 15 percent larger and will push 25 percent more air at 18,000 rpm while delivering 14 pounds of boost. Best news of all, Edelbrock doesn’t have to retool the blower housings, which will help speed up the introduction of the new superchargers. “We anticipated that larger rotors would be coming, so we originally designed in extra metal in the 2300 housings that can now be machined to accept these new rotors,” says Blakely.

The new rotors are still a 4-lobe design but now have 170 degrees of twist compared to 160 degrees on the 2300 model. The extra twist shortens the rotor lead to help maintain efficiency at higher speeds and pressure ratios. Other features include larger bearings, thicker timing gears and pressure relief ports in the bearing plate to help reduce friction. Initial testing by Edelbrock shows the 2650 can outperform competitive 2.9-liter superchargers."

Should be interesting, that's for sure and the case doesn't appear to be that much bigger, so there's a good chance it fits under the hood. Don't hold your breath though. It also said this in the article. "More information on new applications with the 2650 package will be coming in 2017." It's probably a year or more out... but I'm in.

Beercules

Established Member
I'm assuming the rotor lead they speak of is the rotor to case clearance?

In my mind, if they twist and 'shorten' the rotors, there will be less chance for air to escape back through that clearance.

Snoopy49

Established Member
This looks promising from Roush. It doesn't look like it has any provisions for an EGR valve.

Roush TVS  2650.jpg

Last edited:

merkyworks

Established Member
You can tell its not for a GT500 because the pulley has a standard belt width and is not extra wide like ours.

V8Flexin

Established Member
How long until the release of the 2650? Want to wait and see real performance compared to the 2.9 Whipple. I'm guessing it will probably out performs at low boost/rpm and be close enough at the top end.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Probably will. Evem though its a small bump of .35L displacement, that TVS rotor pack will come alive. Stuff it into a Gen2R style case and lookout! Those Kenne Bell guys will probably be jelly of the output and heat management it will provide!

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I'm thinking going from a 2.3 to a 2.65 would be similar to going from a 1.9 to a 2.3. Over 100rwhp should be expected. I'm looking forward to it coming out. Thought about a Gen IIR but it's not worth it for me financially since I already have a GenII and now that the R and 2650 will be out the resale on used II's have gone down.

Users who are viewing this thread