Eaton tvs 2650!!!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Not your standard throttle body mount either. Hmmm....

Looks a lot larger than the Gen II-R, but some of that could be optical, since the latter was in the background.
As a GEN2R owner, I can tell you that opening is definitely bigger than the GEN2R to accommodate a larger TB. You can see that from the final shot.

V8Flexin

Established Member
b2cad1cb7a619d0abb59f8271c8e1b25.jpg

Screen shot of housing mold.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Does the housing look larger in diameter to yo guys? It definitely doesn't appear to be any longer than the current housing.

If that thing is going to take larger rotors, i expected it to be bigger.

Strange.

RBB

Established Member
Does the housing look larger in diameter to yo guys? It definitely doesn't appear to be any longer than the current housing.

If that thing is going to take larger rotors, i expected it to be bigger.

Strange.
It definitely looks a little taller to me, but it's somewhat hard to judge the size with no other point of reference in the video.

V8Flexin

Established Member
It definitely looks a little taller to me, but it's somewhat hard to judge the size with no other point of reference in the video.
It definitely looks taller to me too. I don't think that will clear the crossbar or do they all not clear? Judging by size of the rotor pack openings it looks more like a 3.4 Whipple just shorter.

Sent from my PURE XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It definitely looks taller. The throttle body area looks larger as well.

Poisonous West

Established Member
From what I know, the Eaton 2650 TVS rotor pack diameter is slightly bigger than the 2.3 TVS - but not by alot. That's why the rapid prototype housing shown in the picture is taller (slightly bigger) because the centerline of the rotor packs move up by few mm when compare to the 2.3 TVS housing.

sleek98

Established Member
Looks like the KB bolt pattern is the same as the Ford GT, guessing thats what pattern they have gone with. If thats the case that just makes the blower that much better.

sono

Established Member
I'm curious about the twist in the rotor pack. Does that mean that it hits harder because it gets up to speed quicker? Also how much are we leaving on the table because it takes less hp to turn?

I'm hoping for 800hp with perfect manners. You can get that out of a 2.3 , but perfect street manners is easier said than done.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
From what I know, the Eaton 2650 TVS rotor pack diameter is slightly bigger than the 2.3 TVS - but not by alot. That's why the rapid prototype housing shown in the picture is taller (slightly bigger) because the centerline of the rotor packs move up by few mm when compare to the 2.3 TVS housing.
Lots of unknowns here, but we've always wondered if the 2.3 cases could be bored out for the 2650 rotor packs. Pretty sure Edelbrock said their existing 2.3 cases can accommodate the bigger rotor packs.
KB did that with the 3.2 from their 2.8 case.
I have an unused KB168 or does that mean VMP can make a Trinity 78+ Twin blade TB?
All I know is that my 960rwhp Gen2R 5.8 is ready to put the 2650 to the test. Maybe peak psi can carry through redline; this blower would add 100rwhp if it can.
Hopefully I can get an early unit and show what this can do on a maxed Gen 2R combo.
BJ I'll be hitting the track Sat.
Forget dyno numbers let's see passes with replacing the 2R with the 2650 same day at the strip!
Very excited to see this finally coming together, great job VMP!
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys, anyone heard anything lately?

This damn money is burning a friggin hole in my pocket!!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Nah, whipple 3.4 if you cant wait, though i suspect a whipple 4.0l might be on par if this 2.7 is al lits chalked up to be

Users who are viewing this thread