talk about crappy pix and its a 12.9 sec car damn it.... :banana:

6 miles is awsome though. true collector :rockon:

Last edited:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
machfelon said:
Nice cobra... too bad i dont have 31k

+1 and even if u had 31k that thing is probably going to hit 40K when the auction is over. :)

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
they all depreciate the same so it isn't worth it. yeah the color is awesome and unbeatable but for 31K i would rather buy one that has around 10-20k and pay way less and use the extra money to turn that thing into a 9 sec daily driver.

lukem80

Established Member
cobraboy169 said:
they all depreciate the same so it isn't worth it. yeah the color is awesome and unbeatable but for 31K i would rather buy one that has around 10-20k and pay way less and use the extra money to turn that thing into a 9 sec daily driver.

I wouldn't buy this one to mod at all.... you need a really big zip lock baggy to lock this one in... keep it for 30 years and make some money on it? maybe? hell I dunno

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Badass, collector car right there, put it in a nice warm garage..and drive every 2 years lol

SpectorV

Established Member
why do people buy them, keep them for a couple years, then sell them for less than they paid and lose money... its not like they drove it (6 miles...) so they had no enjoyment out of it~

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
lukem80 said:
I wouldn't buy this one to mod at all.... you need a really big zip lock baggy to lock this one in... keep it for 30 years and make some money on it? maybe? hell I dunno

why buy a car that you cant have fun with?

Screamin'SVT

Banned
SpectorV said:
why do people buy them, keep them for a couple years, then sell them for less than they paid and lose money... its not like they drove it (6 miles...) so they had no enjoyment out of it~

I have a feeling they will make a few grand out of it.. but no way in hell I would be able to resist the temptation of driving that thing if it sat in my garage.

My guess is someone with a good amount of disposable income who didn't know about or wasn't really into the cars the first time around will buy one and pay the premium for the chance to get a new one, then drive it and enjoy it.

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
Nice collector. Paint isnt that badass. Its got the same orange peel from the factory as every other car on the road.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you kidding me? The seller got the car in December of 2003 and has started it every week without driving it. That a total of 130 weeks and 130 startups without ever moving the tires. Right! I hate it when people fudge the truth. Nice car, but it likely has been just sitting in that garage without being touched for most of that time. That's not necessarily bad if the standard long-term storage procedures were done. It would be interesting to know what the reserve is. Maybe close to $35K?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
He's had the car listed several times over the last few weeks. Love the car but I already have one and don't have room for another. I would love to have it to put up but happy with the one I have.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Bert5.0 said:
Nice collector. Paint isnt that badass. Its got the same orange peel from the factory as every other car on the road.

You may think you see orange peel. But I will say this much. I have had mine in car shows where the go over the whole car. Seams, hinge areas, down by the motor, inside trunk area and anywhere else they can get their eyes and fingers. Every one of the judges have commented on how great the paint is on my car. Says it is the best Ford factory paint job they have seen. If it wasn't for the paint swirls and such my paint would be immaculate. NO orange peel on the car that I can find. AND you don't think the paint is badass as you put it. You're wrong. You ought to either drive or ride in one and see for yourself. When I bought mine over the internet I liked the color. When the car arrived I love the color. You never see the same color depending on the light. People go crazy over it and will stop you just to comment on the paint. At the local Shriner's car show they had here on June 3rd I walked down the street around people who did not know me and the car was the talk of the town.

Last edited:

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Well, lots of questions here. 31,000 is just the CURRENT bid, reserve not met yet.
I bet it goes closer to $36-38k after all is said and done.
The write-up has some typos in it, which always irks me no end. And if the guy
is a collector and financially well off, why is there a bank lien on it?
Then again, these are definitely nice cars. I have a buddy selling his right now.
Moderate miles (under 13k I think) and he's a Ford enthusiast that drives it regularly.
Check it out at this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267065

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
damn, someone that is loaded needs to buy that and let it sit....

Users who are viewing this thread