eBay Seller changes - WTF

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Haven’t seen much online on this other than the below article I found:
Ebay is making a MASSIVE change to seller fees and payment will take longer

I’ve used eBay for years, typically not very often. I usually keep a few things listed at a time BIN that I would have a harder time selling on a Forum or local listings.

Lately they have been hounding me to to update my account details both via email and through the App, and it finally suspended my ability to post new listings until I comply with the ‘new way to get paid.”

Went through the App and updated my name address and phone number. Next for payment details it now wants my bank account and social security number to manage payments.

This seems a lot more invasive than it should be, which is why I’m surprised I haven’t seen much noise about it online. My guess for the TIN is for Uncle Sam to recognize their cut down the line.

Has anyone else run into this? I am likely going to pass on listing stuff going forward and just won’t complete the “account update”.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
This is old news.
Yes it does suck though. You can still get your payments sent daily, not much more of a delay then before. I kinda like that they removed the PayPal equation from everything.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I sell a ton of shit on ebay and just went through this. I listed two items last week and I was able to list one without signing up for the new payment method but it would not list the second item unless I went through this.

This pisses off sellers but will piss off buyers, too. It takes three days for funds to transfer and I am not going to ship anything until I see the funds in my account. The person that bought my item was hounding me as to when it would ship but that is his problem not mine.

ajaf1656

Established Member
There’s no way I’d give any of that info to eBay. I still buy stuff off of eBay sometimes since I don’t like Amazon, but that might have to change.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I agree with the concern here - no way I was giving them my info. I took my stuff off of eBay and plan to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I sell a ton of shit on ebay and just went through this. I listed two items last week and I was able to list one without signing up for the new payment method but it would not list the second item unless I went through this.

This pisses off sellers but will piss off buyers, too. It takes three days for funds to transfer and I am not going to ship anything until I see the funds in my account. The person that bought my item was hounding me as to when it would ship but that is his problem not mine.
I can imagine your buyer would be upset because you ship late, especially when he finds more expedient ways to buy anal bleach.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I can imagine your buyer would be upset because you ship late, especially when he finds more expedient ways to buy anal bleach.
2sZQ.gif

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Apparently TX weather has caused a run on the bank. The are hoarding it in Houston a la toilet paper in March.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

I guess will see more trader ratings going down.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Apparently TX weather has caused a run on the bank. The are hoarding it in Houston a la toilet paper in March.
I went to the grocery today and the shelves were almost cleaned out. These people are dumb.

in reference to the eBay deal, I’m bidding on something as we speak. So it’s going to take longer to ship because my payment will be delayed? I’ve bought on eBay for years and this is the first I am hearing of all this.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Payments do not take longer. From experience going right to my bank takes as long as it did going from PP to my bank account.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
it’s going to take longer to ship because my payment will be delayed?

unless the seller is willing to ship before getting paid. PayPal was instant, it is now credit card settled and takes 3 business days. Maybe there are different set ups but that is what it was for me.

I’ve bought on eBay for years and this is the first I am hearing of all this.

They have been pestering me about this for the last month. I believe the deadline is sometime in March but they made me do it last week.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.ebaystatic.com%2Faw%2Femail%2Flogo%2Flogo_legacy.png
mail

Your payout is on the way

$356.75 sent on Feb 18, 2021

Payout ID:

Hi,
We sent your payout of $356.75 on Feb 18, 2021 to your bank account ending in 9207. It will take 3-4 business days to reach your bank account. For more details please visit the selling section of My eBay.

Sell anywhere with the eBay app
ebayapp_apple_3x.png&t=1613866111&ymreqid=e73701e3-5619-b155-22fc-8c0011011900&sig=jSaMwuv0MoYb_.png
oad_ebayapp_google_3x.png&t=1613866111&ymreqid=e73701e3-5619-b155-22fc-8c0011011900&sig=8toWaKFk.png

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.ebaystatic.com%2Faw%2Femail%2Ffacebook-icon_3x.png
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.ebaystatic.com%2Faw%2Femail%2Ftwitter-icon_3x.png
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.ebaystatic.com%2Faw%2Femail%2Fpinterest-icon_3x.png
%2Finstagram-icon_3x.png&t=1613866111&ymreqid=e73701e3-5619-b155-22fc-8c0011011900&sig=Z4juRm7YM.png

Update your email preferences

You are receiving this email based on your eBay account

Attachments

• mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.ebaystatic.com%2Faw%2Femail%2Flogo%2Flogo_legacy.png
    mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fp.ebaystatic.com%2Faw%2Femail%2Flogo%2Flogo_legacy.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s not a huge issue for me I guess. eBay is mainly for novelty type stuff. Anything significant and typically it’s amazon or some other online source

Users who are viewing this thread