EBC Red Pads...Thoughts??

galaxy

Established Member
So I found out EBC is releasing pads for our car; no ETA yet though.

You guys have an opinion on the Red Pads? I had a couple questions. Reds are ceramic and taunted as EBCs lowest dust pad, and still great performance. Red pads will far exceed any capability I’m gonna need on the street.

So three questions...thoughts on Red Pads? Thoughts on running ceramic pads on these rotors? And thoughts on swapping to different pads without turning/cleaning up the rotors?

s1ten

Established Member
I can't speak for the red but, I ran EBC green pad/13" brembo setup on my new edge Saleen. They dusted like crazy. Are you tracking/planning on tracking? If not why switch from the factory pad? They seem pretty outstanding.

galaxy

Established Member
Yes, I do plan on tracking but it will be minimal; at least in the short term future. I'm a detail nut, so the brake dust is a much larger concern for me. The factory pads are outstanding, I agree, but I'm looking for much less dust. And the Reds like I mentioned, are supposed to be their lowest dust pad. I had a set of Red's on my Focus ST with full Wilwood kit all the way round, but didn't keep it long enough to make a determination...but the dust from the Reds is low.

Funny you say that; I've always had Green 7000's on my truck and they are amazing in the dust department. I'd even go as far as to say about as close to zero dust as you're going to get.

I guess my main question wasn't so much about choosing the Red pads as it was about 1) runnign ceramic pads on these rotors, and 2) swapping to new pads without resurfacing the rotors.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Can't answer whether you can use the ceramic pads on the stock rotors or not. I would guess you could. The factory rotors are nothing exotic.

Any EBC pads I have used have a material on them that is designed to sand/remove any other brand pad material from the rotor.

Ceramic pads of any type are not adequate for track duty.

Users who are viewing this thread