Eddie Van Halen 01/26/1955 - 10/06/2020

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/eddie..._NeI-aaZozlrSfxrzjp5TwAE0nG9WP2LNXsknkFq2cm0I

Musician Eddie Van Halen has died. He was 65.

The iconic guitarist and founder of his eponymous rock band lost his battle with throat cancer. Van Halen’s son Wolfgang shared a touching memorial to his father on Tuesday, confirming the heartbreaking news.

“I can’t believe I’m having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning. He was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment I’ve shared with him on and off stage was a gift. My heart is broken and I don’t think I’ll ever fully recover from this loss. I love you so much, Pop.”

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Of course we post at the same time.

Rough 10 days for the group. Mark Stone passed away on the 26th last month.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
He's hanging with the Abbott brothers now!
79512164766031_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=9mjfXurvERwAX_5Qddf&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

RES0574

Established Member
Of course we post at the same time.

Rough 10 days for the group. Mark Stone passed away on the 26th last month.
Impeccable timing. Has been a crappy two weeks.

I feel privileged to have grown up with bands like Van Halen, Motley Crue, etc, in comparison to the no talent music that they put out now.

VenomVeins

Established Member
****. ****. ****.

Im at a loss for words.

An absolute LEGEND in every sense of the word.

Eddie was my sole inspiration for picking up the guitar, as well as millions of others worldwide.

He was also a friend of my fathers, and my aunt/mom/dad used to hang with the original Van Halen when they practiced at the Alta Dena Dairy.

Mom still has the shitty handwritten flyers from going to thier backyard parties in Monrovia and Arcadia right out of high school.

Eddie was a sweet guy, through and through. He and my father saw each other until i was in my late 20’s-pops said he had fallen off the wagon multiple times and would just dissapear off the earth in those times.

Saw him shred the **** out of his Ax in 2015, and he had his trademark smile damn near the entire concert....you wouldnt know he was battling cancer.

Just ****ing tragic.

Damn.

Last edited:

Machdup1

Established Member
Rest In Peace and put together a new band so I can hear your new material when I get to Heaven.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
one of my favorite bands of all time. grew up with VH! one of my favorite songs and videos period!

soo glad i finally got to see them in concert during their last tour. was sooo hoping to see them again. i definitely will but it wont be the same. RIP eddie!

Users who are viewing this thread