EDP 7475 Results

Big Q

Established Member
Well, as some of you know I've been chasing some issues with my EDP kit. Not wanting to jump to conclusions I've spent a great amount of time and money troubleshooting been to the dyno multiple times etc. Below is the dyno graph from today, I have several other graphs as well that show the same problem at 6600 RPM, this problem never showed up on lower boost levels. I completely eliminated my boost controller for the dyno today to take that out of the equation. With 9lb springs installed we monitored boost to ensure it wasn't dropping off, checked the plugs and gaps, monitored AFR it was good even had Daniel from TSS add fuel to the tune to ensure it wasn't that. My graph pulling to 6500 was fine, made a pull to 7k and below is what I got over and over and over regardless of what we checked. On all the pulls the motor makes an audible noise at 6600ish that according to the shop mechanic sounds like valve float and the motor definitely makes almost a bogging sound trying to make power between 6600-7000.

3 different tuners, Daniel from TSS, the dyno owner and a partner of his who has a shop out in Cali all looked at the logs. There is absolutely ZERO indication in the log of this bogging down loss of power issue, no knock, AFR is good etc etc....Multiple pulls in 5th and 4th gear and the dyno graphs look absolutely identical.

EDPDyno.JPG

Last edited:

Big Q

Established Member
[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8dN6LQ5RVaYkZ0RlJsVUVkZXc/view?usp=docslist_api[/video]

Here's a video of the dyno pull and although it didn't pick up the noise we could hear you can hear the RPM's flatline at the end as I tried to pull past 6600...

toomnymods

Established Member
why do you keep asking for help when people that are very familiar with turbo design are telling you what to change and you wont change the downpipe? it might cost you 150.00? save yourself a lot of frustration and get a 4" downpipe made

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I had BP issues and that does not look like a BP issue. It is to abrupt. If you hear noise when it happens, it could be valve float.

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
Sounds like valve float. Are the springs stock? I run the boss springs in my aluminator and haven't experienced any float at 16psi...Hellion kit.

Big Q

Established Member
I'm not asking for help merely posting the results as I said I would in previous threads. At this point I'm awaiting a response from Danny. My thought is I shouldn't have to spend more money to fix a problem at this low of a boost level.

jassoom55

Established Member
4" down pipe won't help much, JPC with their 3" down pipe are capable of 1000+ rewhip. Im using the 4" down pipe and it did not help a lot.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I'm not asking for help merely posting the results as I said I would in previous threads. At this point I'm awaiting a response from Danny. My thought is I shouldn't have to spend more money to fix a problem at this low of a boost level.

And you shouldn't, its ridiculous u have to deal with these issues, kit shouldn't have been released in this state.

3" downpipe is a tough sell for 1000rwhp

Stock JPC 3" DP, Magnaflow resonators and quad tips netted me 900rwhp on 14lbs with a 76/75 BB unit.

Yep, 3" was to small for me, had to use 4". There is a reason CPRsm uses 5" in his coyote kit.

Bigger is always better but not always needed in every situation.

Users who are viewing this thread