EGR delete Pros & Cons

Rambro

Established Member
I'm going to delete my egr soon, what do you hafto do tuning wise after deleteing the egr. Is it something that I can just turn off in the predator or would it need a retune?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm going to delete my egr soon, what do you hafto do tuning wise after deleteing the egr. Is it something that I can just turn off in the predator or would it need a retune?
Depending on how old your Predator is, you might be able to turn it off yourself. If not, see below.
Just have your tuner turn it off.

Yup

black 10th vert

Established Member
+1 ^^^^^ as above about less hassels down the road for you or the next owner having to worry about emission changes.

I like your idea of retain'g all EGR components inside the cowl ...any pics available when you did yours?:shrug:

No, I probably should have, though, because now they are not visible at all without removing the firewall cover, and cowl cover. They are mounted to the innermost firewall on the passenger side, and I just had to lengthen the wires for the connectors, and use longer vac tubes. Everything feed through the firewall near the firewall mount for my MM STB, and is all contained in a single 3/4" corrugated wire loom, so it disappears from sight, and looks like it belongs there.;-)

Can you explain this mod with some details and background on how it all works? Very interested.

I found a thread on here, either in this section, or in the how to area called "boost bypass delete - the correct way", or something to that effect. I'll see if I can find it, and I put the link in here, but that by itself is a nice mod, and cleans up a good bit of unnecessary tubing.

edit, here is the link to that how to thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/604694-how-correct-boost-bypass-mod.html

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
With EGR (birds nest):

EnginePictures2.jpg

WithOUT EGR:

Motorsideview.jpg

Motor1.jpg

MalcolmV8

Established Member
With EGR (birds nest):

EnginePictures2.jpg

WithOUT EGR:

Motorsideview.jpg

Motor1.jpg

Marc, cool pics. Thanks for posting them. Question on that fuel line in the front of your blower going over it from one rail to the other. Was there no easy way to run it under the snout of the front of the blower? Or did you just not worry about it and run it over the top? Your engine bay looks really nice BTW.

Marc

Established Member
I asked about this because I thought the same thing. I was told it was supposed to run over the top of the blower. If anyone hears anything different, let me know. I would much rather run it under the snout.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Nah you can run it anyway you like. I think the tricky part is just getting the hose to go under the front without using a bunch of 90 degree bends etc. that would hurt flow. If there's a smooth enough way to route that hose you'd be set. I just have my blower mocked up on there now and don't have the actual hose etc. to see how it would bend or not bend etc.

Rambro

Established Member
if I hafto take it to my tuner will it be ok to drive it without it deleted in the tune?

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
You should do it malcolm. I plan on doing it, looks so much cleaner. Btw the 2.2 comes tuesday! Super pumped. You should pm me your number.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I just did he egr delete with my 2.2 and glad I did, it's so much cleaner now which makes it worth it. I have yet to start my car so don't know how it will run yet

MalcolmV8

Established Member
That's awesome Ross. Put up some pics when that KB 2.2 arrives.

As for the EGR I have the delete kit and I am indeed installing it. I was trying to get some feed back from others that had done this mod without other changes on gas mileage. Unfortunately I'm changing fuel systems, pulling off the eaton and putting on a whipple and running a brand new tune so I will have no clue one way or the other what if any difference the EGR delete did.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
LOL oh yeah cause gas is so cheap I shouldn't try and use it efficiently at all. In fact I told my tuner to run my car rich as hell so tons of unburnt fuel keeps the mosquitoes away and every time I fill up I usually pump a couple extra gallons in the trash can next to the pump for good measure.

Spoolx

Established Member
No, the computer realizes its not working properly and turns off the egr just like if you had turned it off in the computer, only difference is it will throw a code.

Users who are viewing this thread