EGR tube replacement

DisposableHero

Established Member
Hey guys...

I installed my KB 2.8H kit and I couldn't get the EGR tube in place. I know i have a 2v, but the egr tube in the kit is the same one that comes from an 03 cobra.

I tried from the top and bottom and I can't seem to get the tube in place. It ether gets stuck on the head or trans. Its in such a weird shape, I wish i could just bend it to wiggle it down the back of the motor.

Do i have to lower the motor/k-member to do this or do i just need to keep working at it? Thanks guys.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I had to cut mine to take it out when i did a egr delete.No way was that sucker coming out of there w/o cutting the end off.G/L

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Wish I could help...EGR delete here so I didn't have to fiddle with it during the blower swap...

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
When I did my EGR delete I spent over an hour trying to figure out a way to get the EGR tube out without cutting it. However, I never figured out a way so I ended up cutting off the elbow at the top and it then dropped out the bottom. I don't see any way of installing a new one without lowering the motor or the tranny...:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread