Eibach drag springs a PITA

BleedBlueOval

Established Member
I'm having problems installing the fronts, the tool I am using uses 2 studs that you torque down. The studs are too long and interfere with the control arm. Can I install these with the spring compressor tool that goes on the inside of the spring?

5lho

Established Member
Here's how to do this: Use an outside spring compressor on the inner side of the spring. This will get the curl you need into the spring. chain the spring in this position with a bit of 3/8ths chains and a bolt and nut to make sure it stays taught. Remove the spring compressor. Then you can slide the spring in and undo the bolt, et voila, done.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm having problems installing the fronts, the tool I am using uses 2 studs that you torque down. The studs are too long and interfere with the control arm. Can I install these with the spring compressor tool that goes on the inside of the spring?

Place jack under control arm so it keeps tension. Remove all that is connected to the arm. (other than the 2 bolts at the K member)
Slowly release tension on jack, and the spring will fall out.
Reverse for installation.

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
I can't get Eibach lowering springs in that way so, no way to a drag spring that is longer.....

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Place jack under control arm so it keeps tension. Remove all that is connected to the arm. (other than the 2 bolts at the K member)
Slowly release tension on jack, and the spring will fall out.
Reverse for installation.

That's how I put them in my car. Yes, the springs are longer. You just need to push the lower control arm down enough to get the new spring in place. While it looks sketchy, it does work.

Users who are viewing this thread