Electrical ? on 97 Cobra

97svt/01saleen

Established Member
Can anybody tell me what the red/green stripe wire is, that is coming out of the cluster of wires on the passenger side at the back of the engine bay. Is it possibly the primary coil wire?

97svt/01saleen

Established Member
Any pics?

Hope this helps

SDC10210.jpg

SDC10211.jpg

Mustang Matt

Established Member
I don't see a red/green stripe wire in those pics.

Are you talking about the one with the electrical tape that's a big wire on one side and small on the other? Actually you have two that match that description, but you can only see one of them in the first pic.

97svt/01saleen

Established Member
I don't see a red/green stripe wire in those pics.

Are you talking about the one with the electrical tape that's a big wire on one side and small on the other? Actually you have two that match that description, but you can only see one of them in the first pic.

Yes, the red/green stripe wire comes out of the cluster on the left ans splices into the big red wire that is run to the KB BAP and then the other big red wire splices back into the red/green stripe wire. The KB BAP was wired to run like a BAS in this situation, I am just trying to see if the red/green stripe wire is in fact the primary coil wire. I am breaking up bad at 15 lbs of boost and it feels like spark blowout. I'm trying to isolate or eleviate this as being the problem area. Thank you for checking up and helping.:beer:

Last edited:

fourvalvegt

Established Member
that is the hot 12v in the harness for the coils, and injectors i believe.
just look at the coil harness pigtails it should be the center wire in there on both coils

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
According to the 96 Mustang EVTM, the connector with the bolt in it is C104, and the Red/Light Green wire provides power to the coil packs.

Users who are viewing this thread