Electronic boost controller for 2015 Ecoboost Mustang

mitchster

Established Member
I was wondering if you will be able to use an electronic boost controller for the new Mustang. When I had my 1991 twin turbo people where telling me to get a Blitz SBC I-D III controller and I could boost my car up another 150hp. Since the Mustang is a turbo it should work on it too. Yes/No Here is the controller I am talking about. Mitch
http://ttcperformanceproducts.com/blsbiiielboc.html
PS: I bought one, but never installed it

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Boost will be controled by the ECU. So other than fooling it with an add-on you're going to have to change the tune to change the boost. I'm sure there'll be a ton of aftermarket options in the next 12 months or so.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nowadays the boost is controlled via ecu, and unless you change the tune and try to install a boost controller, the ECU will compensate somehow, and youll end up with very shitty results.

Best way is to do it right in the tune.

Miss the old days of $10 manual boost controller to get an extra 30-40hp right off the bat.

Voltwings

Established Member
Yeah, most modern ECUs will trim WGDC (wastegate duty cycle) to meet boost targets, there will be a throttle close and fuel cut table to prevent overboost, There will be load targets as well as boost targets so the tune stays on point to change with the weather. Very easy to get a very predictable boost curve in all kinds of weather, but not as simple as just slapping a MBC on there haha. Most plug in options are only like $100 or so, and if this uses a bleeder valve like most Stock cars, it should be replaced with a solenoid anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread