Elk Grove Ford Sacramento CA

Silverstangs

Lord Silver ™
Established Member
I just watched the news and they were reporting that all the employees got laid off and that they will be closing their doors.

Elk Grove Ford was one of the BIGGER Ford dealers in the Sacramento area....

:uh oh::eek:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Yea everyone is hurting. Not making the killings on cars like they used to, even on used cars.

Also, with the economy and people unsure of whats going to happen, no one is spending money to do services on their cars besides oil changes and brakes....

Atleast that's what I noticed when I was in the car business

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Also in the Bay Area, Broadway Ford and Melrose Ford (both in Oakland) have closed in the past year. I believe Hayward Ford closed too. There aren't many Ford dealerships left in bay area now.

Evil Mach

Fight the Good Fight
Established Member
what's weird is that Elk Grove was rumored to be going through ownership changes. Maybe they will be coming back under new ownership? I hope so because I don't want to drive all the way to midtown for Ford parts :nonono:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
good. IMO ford needs to weed out the shitty dealerships and only sell to the strong ones that share the same views on selling cars as the other dealers in the market (IE like honduh, nissan or toyota dealers that sell more units at lower markups than less units at higher markups).

most the dealers you will see that close their doors are shady dealerships that have used the "Less is More" approach that doesnt work anymore. you gotta move more units to make ends meet nowadays, cant always expect someone to pay a huge markup anymore, especially in this economy. Sell more units than the other guy at or under MSRP and you are golden. msrp is usually a good percentage over dealer invoice anyways, so its not like they will hurt anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread