Engine Build threads??? Baddest engine combos? What would you build?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Exactly what I was thinking Dan. Accufab and Bridge > MMR. Sometimes they throw some of the wildest imaginative statements out there.

PS. Dan I spoke with Accufab a while back and I am thinking of having them do some head and cam work for me, what do you think about that? Did you hear about the 1300rwhp 5.4 4v they finished a few months back with the 3.6KB LC? Sounds like a nice setup. And they built Steve Coopers 5.4 4v GT 25.5 chassis (iirc) that is running 8's. Of course I need more mild cams and the GT500 intake since I want to be running the stock ECM and cannot control the dual injectors. I'm anxious to hear what your opinions are on what kind of setup for my app off the thread. I keep wanting to know more about your background because I think I want to have you possibly help order me some parts, with your specs. Hope all is well my friend, FFS

Established Member
There would be no need to space the valve covers, either use gt valve covers with the gt or Navi timing gears or use the gt500 valve covers with the small gt500 timing gears.

I am asking because I would like to use the chrome powdercoated V/Cs on a GT.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MMR
Accufab/John Mahovetz has made more than 2000 hp on Westech's dyno more than 2 years ago and this is with a 4.6. .

You are correct, but we made 2109 Flywheel HP almost a year earlier than that with the old MMR outlaw motor @ 42psi, no bubbles burst here , just a fact, and you are correct, ours was a 5.4. The new MMR 2010 GT500 powerplant should make even more than our old motor.

Here is another MMR 7 second motor in action, this one is about 2 years old:

[ame=http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p185/jwilklightning/?action=view&current=wilkerson_749.flv]wilkerson_749.flv video by jwilklightning - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Accufab prides themselves on quality components and services, as well as many other modular builders like Boss330, Bride Racing, Proline, etc. There is no comparison.

Maybe you should check out your feedback in the other Lightning communities. FFS

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Accufab prides themselves on quality components and services, as well as many other modular builders like Boss330, Bride Racing, Proline, etc. There is no comparison.

As do we here at MMR, I think you mis-understood us, our accomplishments are what they are, we have never said anything bad about Accufab, we are freinds with John and think what they have done is great. The other builders you have listed may also be great but their engines have not gone faster (with the exception of John of course) or have made more power, if they have please correct us. We are not trying to argue with you or bash anyone. If you feel they are better engine builders that is okay, you are entitled to your own opinion and we respect that, we were simply stating facts.

No disrespect was intended to you or your opinions, have a great day and no hard feelings.

Mark Luton
President
Modular Mustang Racing
Modular Motorsports Inc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread