Engine Tick?

MJF

Established Member
Hey everyone, I just started noticing an engine tick which sounds like it’s coming from the bottom end. Is anyone else experiencing this, and or is this something to be concerned with.

Here is a video of the sound.

http://csgbenefits.org/enginetick.MOV

Last edited:

MJF

Established Member
I’m having some trouble uploading the video but will keep trying. The car is not low on oil. Oil level is between the dots on the dipstick. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I’m having some trouble uploading the video but will keep trying. The car is not low on oil. Oil level is between the dots on the dipstick. ......

If you can't upload the video, you can send it to me (there are a variety of ways to do this) and I can host it for you on my server space, similar to what I'm doing for my own car (i.e., the hyperlink at the end of my sig below). PM me if you want to do this..........

MJF

Established Member
Thanks again for going out of your way to host my video. Much appreciated.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Watched vid. Does the tick increase to a faster rate and decrease with rpm?

1FASFKR

Established Member
In my experience, I had a small exhaust leak when the engine was cold. After the pipes heated and expanded the leak closed off.

OP,
I can hear it and the camera isn't really in a great position to isolate where the sound is coming from but I was leaning toward a lifter.

Users who are viewing this thread