• Had tick, fix attempted, tick back

Votes: 33 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I don't know exctly where the date is. I looked for it while I took it to the dealer today and don't really see a date on the plaque.:shrug: The date mentioned in my sig is the build date.

Also, just spoke with my service advisor - I guess it was the tick after all. They are replacing the left bank heads.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
007Paul said:
I don't know exctly where the date is. I looked for it while I took it to the dealer today and don't really see a date on the plaque.:shrug: The date mentioned in my sig is the build date.

Also, just spoke with my service advisor - I guess it was the tick after all. They are replacing the left bank heads.

Sorry man. At least you're getting the head replaced. Seem's like some of the others only got grief from their service advisors...

My engine build date is on a sticker on the front of the drivers side valve cover. Don't know if they're all there though...

holla@chaboy

ColorChangingClick
Established Member
I have an 04 Mystic, and I noticed that damn tick right after I put my o/r bassani X. I don't know if it was the X or not but damn I hate going through drive-throughs! :cuss:

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
That's how I noticed mine. I took it to the dealer and they took care of mine. They replaced the left bank heads with the new redisgn of the redisigned heads. They had it in the shop for almost two weeks just trying to get all the parts more than anything. The work took only two days when all the parts where available. Now mine sounds fine again! :banana:

TargeT

Established Member
I've got ticking coming from the passenger side head & the dealer said that they "might" warenty it & it was prolly a collapsed lifter :rollseyes

I guess i'm going to have to educate myself on this and get ready to fight for it :cuss:

does anyone have a copy of the service buliten?

04OrangeCrush

I have an '04 built in January and just had the drivers side head replaced two weeks ago and so far no more ticks. The car only has 2,500 miles on it. Dealer replaced head with no questions!

TargeT

Established Member
did anyone hear mention of SVT advisors looking at their cars?

thats just more delay if i have to wait for one of those guys to fly to alaska....

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
My dealer called SVT - but as far as I can tell, it was never inspected by an official SVT advisor per say. Over the phone my dealer was instructed to order the new heads and replace them under warranty. Once all the parts where in (which took a while cause they didn't send the gaskets with the heads) the job was really only a one day job.

Timbersnake

Established Member
tick

I spoke to my brother about this tick and he said that it is somewhere in the heads/valve guildes...And he is a member of another post...someone recomended a product call ''water wetter'' I just thought I would pass it along and hope that it helps someone out. good luck!

big_goomba

I'm Drivin' Sideways
Established Member
04OrangeCrush said:
I have an '04 built in January and just had the drivers side head replaced two weeks ago and so far no more ticks. The car only has 2,500 miles on it. Dealer replaced head with no questions!

My '03 that was built in August, the car only has 2,200 miles on it.
The warranty expires in September, so I brought it in to the dealer last week.
They are going to replace the head (per TSB 03-11-4) on Friday.
I've got my fingers crossed...

WDW MKR

Established Member
Timbersnake said:
I spoke to my brother about this tick and he said that it is somewhere in the heads/valve guildes...And he is a member of another post...someone recomended a product call ''water wetter'' I just thought I would pass it along and hope that it helps someone out. good luck!

While the Redline Water Wetter can help to lower coolant temps by a couple of degrees, it does nothing to address the bad head design. If you experience the tick, it can only be fixed by head replacement or repair. The exhaust valve guides get burnt and start to move around. This is due to insufficient coolant flow in this part of the head.

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
I just bought a 03 dsg cobra and it has a small tick. Not too loud imo, but my deal is, it has a different pulley and mass air. My buddy said take it in because it didn't have the blue marking on the head, but I'm worried about the pulley. I don't have the stock pulley or other stock parts to put back on. What should I do???

LiquidStang

Established Member
NitrousKing said:
I just bought a 03 dsg cobra and it has a small tick. Not too loud imo, but my deal is, it has a different pulley and mass air. My buddy said take it in because it didn't have the blue marking on the head, but I'm worried about the pulley. I don't have the stock pulley or other stock parts to put back on. What should I do???

They won't replace it most likely if you have a different pulley, and I'm HOPING you have a tune on the car with that pulley, that also needs to be reset to stock form. (Remove the chip or reflash the ECU). If you do all that, they'll replace it.

Just an FYI though, my 3rd gen head I got put on last week doesn't have the blue mark either........I saw it new when it came in, no blue mark. So you could of already been fixed.

WDW MKR

Established Member
The blue mark has nothing to do with what head you have. That mark has been found on every different run of Cobra heads, as well as various Mach 1 and Navigator heads.

momo stallion

ta'aj
Established Member
i think i may have the head tick but not sure what its supposed to sound like.

my car sounds like it has a small exhaust leak. hear it pretty loudly at lower rpms especially in 6th gear as rpm changes. cant hear at idle. sounds like its coming from the passengers side.

car has 12K miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread