Epic Speech by Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Great message for sure. It takes a lot these days to stand up for what you believe in especially when you are put in the spotlight of millions of people. I'm glad he hasnt and wont give into the wickedness of popularity and fame.

SteveChris

Established Member
Just hope he realizes that there actually are good people who didn't have to "find jesus" in order to be good.
He did bad things and was on drugs and all that, he needed to become really religious..which is fine for him. But not everyone is like that.
Not everyone needs god in order to keep themselves on a decent path.

If i could ask him one question it would be if he would consider someone who was not religious but did good things (donate money and time and was generally a good person) a worse person than someone who was into drugs and hookers and found religion later on?

I had a born again talk to me all night once at a party about how i was a worse person than him but could be saved, yadda yadda. I later found out he raped someone and that is why he was a born again.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just hope he realizes that there actually are good people who didn't have to "find jesus" in order to be good.
He did bad things and was on drugs and all that, he needed to become really religious..which is fine for him. But not everyone is like that.
Not everyone needs god in order to keep themselves on a decent path.

If i could ask him one question it would be if he would consider someone who was not religious but did good things (donate money and time and was generally a good person) a worse person than someone who was into drugs and hookers and found religion later on?

I had a born again talk to me all night once at a party about how i was a worse person than him but could be saved, yadda yadda. I later found out he raped someone and that is why he was a born again.

That isn't for us to judge man. We are all sinners regardless of what we have done or will do and one day we will all have to face judgement. Don't let people like the guy you talked to ruin it for you.

SteveChris

Established Member
That isn't for us to judge man. We are all sinners regardless of what we have done or will do and one day we will all have to face judgement. Don't let people like the guy you talked to ruin it for you.

well fine then, reworded question would be about god's opinion not his.
If he knows a lot about religion then i'd ask in his opinion on if god would see someone like him in a better light than someone who just was always good without religion.

man #1 is generally good, nobody is perfect but he is a good father. donates time and money, helps people, and is nice.

man #2 was not a good person for many years. Got into drugs and etc but found god and became good later on.

If there's a god then he can think a few things:
man #1 is better, ok then we don't need religion we just need to be good.
man #2 is better, bs in my opinion but ok :shrug:
both are the same, idk.. a wash? i rather be man #1 then.

djtyau

Established Member

Well said. None of us deserves salavation.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
well fine then, reworded question would be about god's opinion not his.
If he knows a lot about religion then i'd ask in his opinion on if god would see someone like him in a better light than someone who just was always good without religion.

man #1 is generally good, nobody is perfect but he is a good father. donates time and money, helps people, and is nice.

man #2 was not a good person for many years. Got into drugs and etc but found god and became good later on.

If there's a god then he can think a few things:
man #1 is better, ok then we don't need religion we just need to be good.
man #2 is better, bs in my opinion but ok :shrug:
both are the same, idk.. a wash? i rather be man #1 then.

To me that's like asking which one of these is better.

Car 1...69 camaro: generally good shape, body is not perfect and has dings and some rust but is overall good, requires some donated time and money, helps people get places, and doesn't break down all the time.

Car 2...69 camaro: Literally had the shit beat out of it and ran the piss out of it's whole life and was left to rot. But it was saved by a restoration shop. Has new interior, motor, suspension, paint, and given new life.

comparison is apples to oranges, but that's how I saw it lol. Just my .02

But like others have said it's for God to decide. Can't take the best of one group and compare to the worst of another. Good works alone won't get you into heaven though. I'm not perfect and I'm sure there are people out there who don't believe in God that are much better people than I. But I'm willing to bet that there are more people out there who can use the gospel to straighten out their lives than there are people who are just generally good natured.

Last edited:

johnnyrocket

Established Member
To me that's like asking which one of these is better.

Car 1...69 camaro: generally good shape, body is not perfect and has dings and some rust but is overall good, requires some donated time and money, helps people get places, and doesn't break down all the time.

Car 2...69 camaro: Literally had the shit beat out of it and ran the piss out of it's whole life and was left to rot. But it was saved by a restoration shop. Has new interior, motor, suspension, paint, and given new life.

comparison is apples to oranges, but that's how I saw it lol. Just my .02

But like others have said it's for God to decide. Can't take the best of one group and compare to the worst of another. Good works alone won't get you into heaven though. I'm not perfect and I'm sure there are people out there who don't believe in God that are much better people than I. But I'm willing to bet that there are more people out there who can use the gospel to straighten out their lives than there are people who are just generally good natured.

slow-clap-gif.gif

Users who are viewing this thread