Escrow.com

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone used this service before? I am contemplating buying a car out of state and read on-line this is a secure way to purchase a vehicle.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I've wondered the same about buying a vehicle out of state and how to go about using an escrow service... a legit one and not some front set up by a scammer...

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
All the cars I have bought out of state I have gone and gotten, or knew the source (dealer, or known seller). This is a consideration, for me, when looking at BaT, as once the auction is over, it's the buyer and seller that figure out the rest of the transaction (BaT does not get involved with the $). The 3 I bought there, were all dealers. Private sales, have been certified funds (not a great option anymore), cash, or an instant in person bank transfer (seller and buyer have accounts same bank, transfer is instant, BoA in this case). I have been intrigued with the thought of escrow, but have, so far, found a way to avoid it. Im sure the service is not free, question is if the fees are "worth it".

Blackoyote

Established Member
I was about to use them for a cross country bike purchase where I wasn't able to be present, but all of the reviews left a lot to the imagination...too many negative reviews to go through with it. Do your research.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I may just stick to looking at dealers. The car I was looking at had some rust under it so I passed on it.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
When I bought a car out of state I wanted to use an escrow service but heard bad reviews. So instead I mailed out a bank check. Not to smart in hindsight but it worked out lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread