ET's for 500hp & DR's?

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
I've been on this board for a while, enjoying the kill stories and more recently soaking up info on the Terminators :) I'm thinking about picking up a used '03 this spring/summer. Here's what I'm planning: Stiegemeier ported blower/plenum/tb, K&N intake, 2.76 BF pulley (and maybe a lower also), Gords HE, Stinger catback (probably a catted x also), a good tune of course (Amazon isn't too far from me) and eventually some juice (probably a 60 shot, maybe 100). My goals would be 500hp on the blower, 600 on the juice. Which seems reasonable, looks like there are a lot of guys running those numbers. More important to me than the dyno sheets are track numbers, I want to run low 11's on the blower, high 10's on the juice. Also looks like that's what people seem to be running with a similar setup. My big question is can this be done on DR's? I see a lot of guys running low 11's on ported blowers, but it doesn't say what rubber they're using to get there. My plan is to be able to race the car at the track just the way I drive it on the street, without having to spend an hour prepping it in the pits. So is 500hp too much for the DR's to handle to get low 11's? Sorry for the long post to get to a simple question. :-D

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I have seen 10sec cars on Dr's, so yes it can handle it with proper heating and launching. I have problems launching, but if I could pull some better 60's I would be mid to high 11's without a ported blower and stock lower pulley.. Your goal is deffentially in reach for the mods you listed... That dakota of yours is pretty dam fast!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
thats right boy! :lol: j/k

is the dak gonna go?

anyways...if you know or learn how to drive it, youll go low 11's on DR's w/ 500 and 10 on the juice easy. look at me...i shoulda saw 11.6's if the track hooked that last day but my 60's were .1 slower and i still have a stock pulley!

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
I have seen 10sec cars on Dr's, so yes it can handle it with proper heating and launching. I have problems launching, but if I could pull some better 60's I would be mid to high 11's without a ported blower and stock lower pulley.. Your goal is deffentially in reach for the mods you listed... That dakota of yours is pretty dam fast!
Thanks, good to know it's within reach. The Dakota has been a blast, but it's taken a ton of work to get there. After seeing 03's on Autotrader for $25K and under, it got the wheels turning :D

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
bad360rt said:
Thanks, good to know it's within reach. The Dakota has been a blast, but it's taken a ton of work to get there. After seeing 03's on Autotrader for $25K and under, it got the wheels turning :D

i wont tell...lol

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
thats right boy! :lol: j/k

is the dak gonna go?

anyways...if you know or learn how to drive it, youll go low 11's on DR's w/ 500 and 10 on the juice easy. look at me...i shoulda saw 11.6's if the track hooked that last day but my 60's were .1 slower and i still have a stock pulley!
Yeah, yeah, I bet you're laughing your ass off right now, huh? :p

Unfortunately the Dak would have to go if I got a Cobra, couldn't support both (well I could, but I still have to eat ya know lol). But it would all hinge on being able to get a decent offer for the Dak. Of course all of this is running through my head while the truck is down hard, when I get her back on the road, I might change my mind. LOL But the thought has been in the back of my mind for some time, and with the prices coming down on used Cobras, it's hard not to do it. It would be some time before anything could happen, and like I said, I'd have to find a buyer for the Dak willing to give me a decent price. So in the meantime, I'll fix the truck, and keep watching the boards. But who knows, come summertime I might be rolling in a Black '03 Coupe (nothing else would do) :thumbsup:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
youll be better off selling the good stuf off of it and then just trading it in. i got $8500 fo rmine and the tranny as blown and the rear wasnt even painted....and its STILL for sale (14months) the daks just arent in demand anymore i guess....i havent looked back since day 1 bro...trust me..its worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread