Evaluate my combo please

patc84

Established Member
2004 cobra, 2.8 upper, jlt cold air, accufab tb/inlet, mac l/t, o/r x, mag cb, lund tune

adding a steg stage 4/5 ported eaton, tr6's gapped to .032, jlt ram air.

now for fuel. 60lb inj, with dual 340 pumps... will I need a vmp boost a pump, or are inj and pumps good?

Trying to get all squared away.

if no boost a pump necessary, that will be available NIB, never installed.

Thanks,

Pat

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Those pumps and injectors should be plenty. I tuned my buddies car with a stage 4 and the stock pumps only recently starting maxing out. Which I assume has more to do with age and mileage than anything else.

I would pick up a MAF as well. You're probably going to peg the stocker.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
You will be fine without a bap. Injectors or plenty.
FWIW I have a steg 4 upper/lower headers tb etc. on stock injectors stock pumps with a bap.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Install the boost a bump. You already have it and it helps keep the volts up.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Install the boost a bump. You already have it and it helps keep the volts up.
There is no reason to run the BAP with twin 340's on what is basically an upper only car. Those pumps won't even be trying and it just adds wiring he doesn't need.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There is no reason to run the BAP with twin 340's on what is basically an upper only car. Those pumps won't even be trying and it just adds wiring he doesn't need.
Sets you up for possible future mods such as E85

Zemedici

Established Member
Those pumps and injectors should be plenty. I tuned my buddies car with a stage 4 and the stock pumps only recently starting maxing out. Which I assume has more to do with age and mileage than anything else.

I would pick up a MAF as well. You're probably going to peg the stocker.

Do you tune or?

Are you an actual tuner?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Do you tune or?

Are you an actual tuner?
I'm like cj428. I've been tuning my cars since 2007ish after two tuners couldn't get my simple combo to run right. I learned to tune on my 01 Cobra. Then helped a friend with his 01 Cobra. And my buddy got the software so we could tune his 03. And when I got my 04 I switched everything over to it.

I would consider myself a tuner, but I'm not a professional if thats what you're asking.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Sets you up for possible future mods such as E85
And the 340's will probably support his power goals even on E85. If they don't then I'd suggest stepping up the rest the fuel system instead running the BAP which is a band-aid IMO.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
And the 340's will probably support his power goals even on E85. If they don't then I'd suggest stepping up the rest the fuel system instead running the BAP which is a band-aid IMO.

I dont disagree with it being a bandaid..but if your trying to stay returnless having the extra volts isnt a bad option. Especially if running true E85 in the future. Upgrading the wiring is a plus when upgrading pumps. Adding the bap that you already have helps maintain the volts to the pumps. Its a win win when you already have it
Would be different if OP didnt already have the bap.

Users who are viewing this thread