Even Nittos didn't help

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Man, went to Carlsbad ready to get sticky Icky and couldn't even beat my best time on street tires, man I'm so frustrated right now its not even funny, I coudn't even do a good enough burn out to heat them up, kept stomping on the brake to hard and shutting the car off, the only good thing was I got to meet Mcrat and his wife, cool cool people and both are hella good at driving that Z06, I didn't really want to go ET Streets and I won't yet until I bring my times down as is, I have to stop doing stuff to the car and just work on my driving, Still no traction with the Nittos, I think I cut a 2.211 60ft but only ran a 12.98, I think my best was a 12.8, I didn't power shift this time because my clutch is starting to make noise, but I will keep practicing.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Why don't you want to go to ET Streets? I wont bother going to the track until they release their 17" tire more so if I was running at Carlsbad.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I will get ET Street, but I want to become a better driver on the Nittos first ( i.e. learn how to do a dam burn out ):gt:

stang99

You just turn off the traction control; get in the water; pop the clutch at a healthy RPM and move your foot right over onto the brake. You watch out your mirrors until all you see is smoke and then you burn just a little longer since Nittos really like to be hot. It's easy and no doubt hard on your clutch and drive train. The rest of the battle is figuring out how to launch on the Nittos.
Carlsbad is tricky and no doubt requires a number of visits to get comfortable with the track.

Originally posted by ADR
I will get ET Street, but I want to become a better driver on the Nittos first ( i.e. learn how to do a dam burn out ):gt:

12 Second Momma

Established Member
It was nice meeting you as well ADR :)

Carlsbad traction today was really bad worse then normal. Heck I was spinning the ET streets off the line only launching at 3500 rpm. Don’t be too hard on yourself it will come with practice & a little track prep

:beer:

Kat

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 12 Second Momma
It was nice meeting you as well ADR :)

Carlsbad traction today was really bad worse then normal. Heck I was spinning the ET streets off the line only launching at 3500 rpm. Don’t be too hard on yourself it will come with practice & a little track prep

:beer:

Kat

:eek:
Ms Kat on SVT Forum

:beer: :beer:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Ms Kat and McRat are cool people.

Sad announcement about Carlsbad, the property owners have decided to develop it, wont be around a lot longer. If I'd hit that $91 million lotto, we'd be having another conversation.

Carlton, ET streets are the only thing that works really well for our cars. I've had two good hooks off the line on Nitto's, on a really well prepped track. 150 cars off the line later, no traction. Carlsbad gets attention from Woody, but too many FWD cars dragging wet rears out of the waterbox make the launch area sketch, and then the street tires chew up the rest.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Sonicvenom, yes I did, very cool guy, everybody's pretty cool there , thats one thing I can say about Carlsbad.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I also forgot to mention that Mcrat and his wife were running like 12.2-12.3's, I think his Z06 is still stock, he was on ET Streets though, still vere empressive to me, under the track conditions and heat, I think there was a nother Supercharged 450 rwhp vet there that was on street tires though, the guy let Mcrat take it down the track, he only got a 12.6 I think, so I don't feel to bad, even a vet with that much HP and no traction gets the same results and Mcrat is a dam good driver, I have run a 12.7 on street tires with my messed up 60 ft times.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
Sonicvenom, yes I did, very cool guy, everybody's pretty cool there , thats one thing I can say about Carlsbad.

That's a guy I know from work. I was talking to him on Monday, and he said he saw a Sonic '03 down there with a similar setup to mine. I figured it was you, especially when he said it had chrome bumper letters.

We're gonna be doing another run down to C-bad soon. Not sure exactly when, but we've gotta do it before they shut it down.

aeroman350

Originally posted by ADR
I also forgot to mention that Mcrat and his wife were running like 12.2-12.3's, I think his Z06 is still stock, he was on ET Streets though, still vere empressive to me, under the track conditions and heat, I think there was a nother Supercharged 450 rwhp vet there that was on street tires though, the guy let Mcrat take it down the track, he only got a 12.6 I think, so I don't feel to bad, even a vet with that much HP and no traction gets the same results and Mcrat is a dam good driver, I have run a 12.7 on street tires with my messed up 60 ft times.

The guy with the supercharged Z06 was having some major traction issues just like everyone else. I ran against him in my 01 Z28 (pewter) and he only won by .2 I actually managed to get some traction on that pass. Anyway, It was still a good day. There were a lot of cool people there.

Last edited:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Hey did you see that little tiny car, prima grey, that looked like shit, that thing was fast, I barely beat him and they told me he was gaining on me.

aeroman350

Originally posted by ADR
Hey did you see that little tiny car, prima grey, that looked like shit, that thing was fast, I barely beat him and they told me he was gaining on me.

Hahahahaha.........yeah, I know which car you're talking about. It's a Honda Civic hatchback. I hate to admit this but, he's beat me once. I have no idea what he's done to that car but it's fast for a Honda.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
It was 2 cars like that it was the Light Blue Civic with the rivited windows and then it was a really tiny unpainted car looked like and old old Fiat or something, both were really fast.

stang99

On my first visit to Carlsbad that little primered Civic beat me when I missed third. But, he ran some great numbers when I looked at the slip. That day he had NOS painted on his window by the track. I think that he likes to run against domestics to shock them.

Originally posted by aeroman350
Hahahahaha.........yeah, I know which car you're talking about. It's a Honda Civic hatchback. I hate to admit this but, he's beat me once. I have no idea what he's done to that car but it's fast for a Honda.

Users who are viewing this thread