EVENT: EFA vs MACA Shootout, Aug 5th!!!

chevyman22

Established Member
Antex said:
So the MACA crew would be invited down for this date? That would be awesome. It was an excellent time & fun hanging out & racing with others that share the same interests!!
This is what we are working on but not a definite yet. Our track date is sept. 23rd from 9-2 again. That date is a definite. We will have to get together on whether we want to do this again this soon. I personally had a great time and would love to have you guys back in September.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Camaro SS said:
The EFA date is Sept 23rd.

Dwight, are you still planning on having a MACA/SCS track rental at Mason Dixon on Sept 16th?
Hey John. Yes! Am going to start organizing this event this week. I'm going to start a seperate thread and get a preliminary head count.....we need to have a minimum of 25 MACAers in for this and hopefully the cooler weather will attract some more of the fellas.

John, would be great if you could come on over for this one too.

specter

Formerly jfox316
Established Member
Venimus03 said:
Nice to see everyone out there yesterday, I'm glad I decided to race, had a great time. Got about 6 passes in total, 3 of which I could not hook up at all and got some nice 2.0 sixties. The car was running 120-121mph in the 1/4 and 94-95mph in the 1/8. So then I decided to pack my IC res full of ice to see if it would help out the car at all. Probably put about 15lbs worth of ice through it so the fluid was nice and cold. And the results were a new PB for me :)

60'........1.789
1/8........7.511
MPH.......97.11
1/4.........11.553
MPH........123.28

I was really surprised was not expecting that at all with this August weather. Now I just need to ditch the nittos and get some stickier tires and shoot for some low 11's......

Hey man, glad you tried the ice and got a new best time. Told you it makes a big difference. I was the guy you raced in the 11.50 index class (with the black cobra upper only).

Venimus03

Established Member
jfox316 said:
Hey man, glad you tried the ice and got a new best time. Told you it makes a big difference. I was the guy you raced in the 11.50 index class (with the black cobra upper only).

Hey whats up man. Yeah I'm glad I did to, I was really surprised with the results.

Last edited:

CobraVertWV

Gotta have more
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Hey John. Yes! Am going to start organizing this event this week. I'm going to start a seperate thread and get a preliminary head count.....we need to have a minimum of 25 MACAers in for this and hopefully the cooler weather will attract some more of the fellas.

Glad to hear that event will still be on, Dwight put me down. :thumbsup:

We missed 'ya at MIR Saturday!

-Ted

Camaro SS

9 Second Club
Established Member
IronTerp said:

Thanks Dwight, I will plan on being there. :beer:

specter

Formerly jfox316
Established Member
Camaro SS said:
I'll remember that comment the next time that slobra needs to use my lift. :D
It's a long line behind all those blown chevy engines. :D I was glad to have your help in the pits the other day. :beer: Next time I"ll help you carry those slicks so you'll run.

Camaro SS

9 Second Club
Established Member
specter said:
I was glad to have your help in the pits the other day. :beer: Next time I"ll help you carry those slicks so you'll run.
Glad I was able to help and congrats on winning the 11.50 index class. :thumbsup:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
IronTerp said:

Definitely count me in on this one Dwight. :rockon:

blackfang

Established Member
Sorry I missed it. I had to work but my RPM crew (had the blackish turbo LS1 firebird and a red 02 Firehawk with a 402 and F1C w/ meth injection getting some testing runs in).

I would have a tough time rooting being I am a member in all 3..lol.

Users who are viewing this thread