Ever Get Pulled Over For Street Racing?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
I have two stories...

The first happened when I was test driving my old z06. Up until then I had never drove something that powerful so I was having fun on the test drive. I was with a lady friend and as soon as I seen the red & blue lights I turned to her and said "I hope you can drive stick cause I'm going to jail."The cop comes up to the window of the vette and says "There's nothing like a fine tuned American sports come but I need your DL and REG. I explained to the LEO I was only test driving the z and my DL's was at the Chevy delarship, but I have my military ID. He looks at my military I'D and says to me "Pretty girl, nice car Marine, thank you for what you do and have a good day." I was a little shocked because I'm used to the town I'm stationed in LEO's and they all have something to prove.

Second story...

I was driving home from a friends house late one in my old built Cobra. This other guy in a white LT1 z28 wouldn't stop messing with me. So, we hit a light at the same time and well... we were ready for that green light. As soon as the light changed I hit it and before I went into second I had about four cars on him that's when I seen the cop on a side street as I passed him going sideways. He hit his lights and got behind the z28 so I just calmly kept going. Well the LEO figured out my at the time smooth idea and lets the white camaro go to chase after me. I notice and just pull over. He jumps out with his gun pointed at me then slams me on the back of my and searches me and my car. After slamming my door against the fence I was next to multiple times he gives me a speed racing ticket and let's me go, I was super nice the whole time. I go infront of the judge and she asks me what happened and I explain that the camaro wouldn't leave me alone and I was just trying to get infront of him so he'd stop brake checking me. She changes the charge to an unsafe movement and I get off with a $120 fine. I was VERY lucky in both cases so I figure I'd quite while I was a head, I don't street race anymore.

uhh pissed about the door? or no?:??:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I got pulled over in my 02 lightning racing my buddies 6.0GTO on a highway out of town at about 2am. We got pulled over doing 135 in a 55 (not sure if he clocked us or not). Before people scream at me for "being stupid" and wishing death on my family and myself I want to clarify that it was 2am, a 4 lane highway with a center (suicide lane), dead straight road with NO traffic in front, behind or oncoming and only 3 roads that turn onto the highway in a 3 mile stretch. I ended up getting an 8pt reckless driving ticket and the GTO driver got a 12 pt exhibition of speed ticket. The reason I got off with a smaller ticket is because the cop actually new me and was handling a case where my truck got vandalized about a week prior to this event.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Was 17 I owned a '69 AMX 390 4 speed and I was racing a new '84 corvette at the time. I was pulled over for speed contest, jack rabbit start, and not using my turn signal when I got pulled over. Probably would of gotten a ticket, but I already had a few tickets for stupidity like doing donuts in a empty parking lot in the winter time and tieing a few tubes on to the back of my mom's car and pulling my friends thru a neighborhood taking out a cops mailbox.

Worst part was the day of court the morning paper had a story about a kid street racing and killing his passenger and driver of a car he t-boned. My attourney was expecting 6 months probation and loss of license for 6 months. My sentence was 3 years in prison with the possibility of parole after one year. My dad pleaded with the judge and my attourney, I got community service for 6 months, license lost for a year. High risk insurance. My senior year in high school I walked 2 miles to school if I couldn't get a ride.

I wasn't a punk, I was a nerd wearing izods and boat shoes with pimples. I worked at a race shop running parts. Lost my license, so I swept the floors.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Wasn't pulled over but came close. Used to meet up at a wawa here in Delaware with a few friends and stupidly, we'd take turns racing each other on the highway. It was early in the morning met up with some other guys, an STI, Trans AM, another fox like mine. Well we had some runs and noticed an unmarked State Trooper trolling nearby. We all left as a group making pulls on each other and he was going the opposite way but saw us all gunning it. He found the nearest break in the median for a U turn and mashed it in an attempt to nab us. Well we saw him, same time he saw us, all took different roads and got away as fast as we could. All met up later, no one was caught. Closest I've been to getting caught.

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
Last Saturday I had my car in Winston Salem on the dyno with my club, Ponies of The Piedmont. I laid down a really good number, actually top number for the day, and figured id go back to my friend, and tuners, place to hang out. It was myself in my rio red procharged 97 Cobra, a good friend in a rio red 97 GT, mostly stock but loud, and a 99 fire red, vortech blown GT. We all decide to cruise back to the house together.

Well we behave most of the way back keeping our foot off he loud pedal so as not to attact more attention than necessary. We come to the last light before his house and all make a right. The 97 GT in front stomps on it, gets a little sideways and takes off up the hill. I follow suit, feathering second gear fighting for traction, and the 99 GT nails it getting sideways behind me. We crest the hill, i look to the right and there are 5 Forsyth county sheriffs chargers sitting in a small gravel area just off the road. :bash: All 3 of us crest the hill wide a** open as they are scrambling to their cars. We stay in it and make the next road toward the house. Wide open all the way down that one too in hopes to put some time in between us and the deputies.

We pulled into the development and park all 3 in different driveways in case any officers stroll by. Thankfully we were never found but we did have our hearts in our stomach for a while.

:banana::dancenana::rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread