Ever have douchebag landlords...tell your story

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Well we've been renting this house for 8 months or so, and i'm glad our lease is almost done.

This morning the landlord was cutting some branches off the trees in our yard and I thought I'd keep an eye out to make sure he didn't "accidentally" graze my f150 with them.

Well sure enough I look outside and he has some huge branches touching my f150 in the driveway(on the passenger side rear door) Right when I saw this I ran out of the house and told him why he was setting branches against my truck. He moved them and said sorry and I told him I had worked hard for my vehicles, I don't appreciate him doing that.( I could tell by his face that he didn't think I would tell him anything, he looked a little surprised)

His wife and him have been a little weird from day one. My wife and I have always gotten a "we don't respect you because you are just a young couple" type of vibe from them. My wife has ran into the lady at the store and she doesn't say hi, acts like she doesn't see her.

Its hard to describe how they are, but they just come off as rude and disrespectful. I would understand that type of attitude if we were ever late on rent or had the place trashed but we've been nothing but good tenants.

We've had other landlords before and never had a problem. I guess you just run into difficult people sometimes. My wife and I are pretty friendly and easygoing. I think some people think you are a pushover when your nice. Maybe that's why they thing they can treat you like crap. They have another thing coming if they think that is the case.

Oh and my truck didn't have any visible scratches luckily.

Anyone else have similar stories.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Just a dumb landlord. You won't get the warm feeling because they've probably seen many tenants come and go.

Last edited:

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
No, but I've had plenty of douchebag tenants that think it's not their responsibility to not trash my place.

needSVTsoon

Established Member
Back in college at Indiana University, I signed a lease for a place and the landlord decided to do a gut remodel before we moved in. Her and her maintenance personae drew up their plans on a napkin. The forgot to put back all of the air ducts for central heat so they put space heaters in the wall of every room. The place wouldn't get above 59 degrees in the winter. We had a $581 electricity bill one month and told her she needed to do something since that wasn't right. She told us that is normal and that we aren't used to the cold weather. Had to inform her I am from chicago and deal with colder weather every year. We also had. The pipes freeze and explode under are kitchen sink because it was so cold. I understand shitty landlords.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I've only had a landlord one time and it was a very pleasant experience thankfully. Me and a girl were looking for an affordable place to live and found a townhouse for $400 a month. Figured it would be crazy nasty and terrible landlord. Quite the opposite, she met us after hours due to our work schedule, showed us the place which was really nice for the money, and we moved in shortly after. When signing the papers we asked if we could paint the place because we didn't like the color, she said no problem but not to waste our time, and had it painted the very next day in the colors of our choice. Not only that but she also had a bigger patio out back built to accommodate our large grill. Maintanance guy was awesome as well.

KurtDog

Established Member
Instead of watching out the window, why didn't you move your truck out of harms way?

I've had a tenant call me at 2am because her cat crawled into the top of a support column and get stuck at the bottom and could not get its fat ass out. I had to cut the wire mesh at the bottom to get it out. Then seal both the top and bottom so its dumb ass could not get back in.

Other than that, nothing too strange.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Instead of watching out the window, why didn't you move your truck out of harms way?

I've had a tenant call me at 2am because her cat crawled into the top of a support column and get stuck at the bottom and could not get its fat ass out. I had to cut the wire mesh at the bottom to get it out. Then seal both the top and bottom so its dumb ass could not get back in.

How can you make an old man doing hard work outside to make the place look nice feel bad if you did that?

Too bad he didn't offer to help the old man, what a great tenant he would be!

oldmodman

Established Member
There is an apartment building a few door down the street from me.
And since I am located fairly close to UCLA it has quite a few student rentals.
Especially a lot of darn cute Asian coeds.
I was talking to two of them a few years ago and they told me that they had a really great apartment and it wasn't costing them any of there money. And since they were not paying rent every month they had nice cars and could go out almost every night.
They admitted that the rent was getting paid the old fashioned way. With sex.
The old guy (ten years older than me) was getting some incredibly cute ass twice a month from each girl.

Lucky bastard. I wonder how he gets away with it since he's married.:shrug:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I rented a house in Ohio where the owner would randomly stop by because I had nice things and was young and single.

Lady thought I was a dealer so she'd snoop around when I was at work. Borrowed some game camera's and caught her.

Hated that lady. When I moved back to Fl I knew I wasn't getting my $1000 deposit back so I left the place a little dirty and she had the nerve to mail me an invoice for another $1000 to make it move in ready. My lawyer wrote her a nice letter to sue me.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member

My truck was in the driveway where it should be. He had the entire front yard to stack his branches and he decides to stack them on the edge of the yard and on a piece of the driveway, touching my truck.

Like I said, they are douchebags.

I didn't bust my butt working to buy my truck and then have some inconsiderate dumbass scratch it with tree branches just because he is the landlord.

coposrv

Established Member
I have a really nice landlord. She's just flighty as hell. The lawn gets mowed sometimes once a month and I'm pretty sure she just stacks up my rent checks and deposits them every other quarter. Seriously... It's nothing bad just really annoying.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I rented a house in Ohio where the owner would randomly stop by because I had nice things and was young and single.

Lady thought I was a dealer so she'd snoop around when I was at work. Borrowed some game camera's and caught her.

Hated that lady. When I moved back to Fl I knew I wasn't getting my $1000 deposit back so I left the place a little dirty and she had the nerve to mail me an invoice for another $1000 to make it move in ready. My lawyer wrote her a nice letter to sue me.

Funny you say that because my landlord has randomly come over to "check" on something supposedly in the house just to snoop around(it was the filter in the furnace, like I wasn't doing that already).

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
My truck was in the driveway where it should be. He had the entire front yard to stack his branches and he decides to stack them on the edge of the yard and on a piece of the driveway, touching my truck.

I didn't bust my butt working to buy my truck and then have some inconsiderate dumbass scratch it with tree branches just because he is the landlord.

Maybe he stacked them there to make it easier to load into his own truck?

It's a truck. If you're using it for what it's intended it'll eventually get dinged up. If you don't use it for work or to haul shit, why drive one?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Maybe he stacked them there to make it easier to load into his own truck?

It's a truck. If you're using it for what it's intended it'll eventually get dinged up. If you don't use it for work or to haul shit, why drive one?

Seriously?

So if it's a new $60k truck or a 20 year old one, just because it's a truck it is okay for it to get beat to hell?

I use mine for a lot of work, but I still maintain and do what I can to avoid any kind of damage. Things happen, but to just ignore when people are too inconsiderate and cause damage is unacceptable.

KurtDog

Established Member

Its amazing what communication can accomplish. When you saw him cutting the trees, you obviously had an issue with this happening so close to your truck. I would have felt the same way. I would have went outside, expressed my concern and offered to move my truck. If he was cutting trees anywhere near my truck, I would have just moved it to make it easier on both of us.

Since you said they are douchebags, all the more reason to move your truck out of his way. Or you could have just pulled a George Zimmerman and shot his old ass, that might have been the more appropriate response since he was treading on you.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Seriously?

So if it's a new $60k truck or a 20 year old one, just because it's a truck it is okay for it to get beat to hell?

I use mine for a lot of work, but I still maintain and do what I can to avoid any kind of damage. Things happen, but to just ignore when people are too inconsiderate and cause damage is unacceptable.

Not completely serious, but OP sounds pretty whiny so I threw that out there. And inconsiderate? The landlord is doing work the OP is too lazy to do. Even when I used to rent I always got out and cleaned up the yard long before the landlord had to.

My truck is pretty damn clean for the year as long as you don't look in the bed. But it's been scratched up plenty of times and every time it is, I buff it out. Not an issue. Branches don't do much.

canibus

Established Member
Like kurtdog said. Move the truck. He's doing work and you're just peeking out a window. I say the douchebag is you for not moving it and then complaining about it.

Users who are viewing this thread