evo ix vs. s197

bmfgsxr

Established Member
it was christmas eve and i was going to do some last minute shopping, and i see this blue s197 trying to catch up to me. we are getting up to a light and it was just turning red and i pulled in the right lane thinking the car in front of me was going to take the yellow and the mustand stayed in the left. anyhow, the car didnt take the yellow so i quickly got behind the stang. he had an exhaust based on sound alone, but i didnt get a chance to talk to the guy so i have no idea what else if anything. im bone stock and had 200lbs. passenger with me. anyway as the light turns green he nails it and takes off, i had to wait a split second for him to get out of the way and i was off as well, he quickly got into the right lane and i proceeded to pass him as i shifted into third. we were both fully in it, and i pulled on him good to the top of 3rd (starting behind as well) and then we let off due to upcoming traffic. then after my shopping was done i was at a gas station in the same area and i saw him racing another s197, but this one sounded much better so im betting the first guy had a catback only, while the second guy probably had a full system. and i believe the guy i raced was in an auto as well.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Just curious.... why do you guys post on this board or are members if you drive import cars... wouldn't a board for your vehicles be more apropriate. I like all performance cars and actully think tuner cars are pretty cool in their own right but I just don't see why. Not trying to start a war really just curious... if you want to post here in my opinion no problem but I just don't really get it.

primetime

Established Member
Just curious.... why do you guys post on this board or are members if you drive import cars... wouldn't a board for your vehicles be more apropriate. I like all performance cars and actully think tuner cars are pretty cool in their own right but I just don't see why. Not trying to start a war really just curious... if you want to post here in my opinion no problem but I just don't really get it.

1. He used to own a Lightning. In sig so maybe if you would have read that.
2. This is the kill section with a pretty diverse group of members, do you really just want to hear about Mustangs and other Fords? It's not like he is posting tech information on another section.
3. This is one of the better kill story boards on the net with some sick vids posted occasionally.
4. He's one of the more honest and realistic posters on this forum, so some of us enjoy having him around. Would you rather here from BSers that own Mustangs?

Works for me. Oh and I own a Mustang(I know it is only a GT) and that isn't the reason I am on here either. later Ron

Felix

Established Member

Evo board doesn't have a Kill Section ;-)

evo connevo

Established Member
Ye the evo boards don't allow any race stories and this board has a wide variety of cars and owners. This site is never really dull so that's why I post in here. I love all cars, 4 or 8 cyl.

Slow06GT

Established Member
good kill. How much did you get him by? I've had a couple evo kills and loses also, pretty nice and quick cars.

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member

Public forum last i checked.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Public forum last i checked.

Apparently it is not politically correct to ask someone who does not drive a car for which the board is designed why he was posting. Next time I'll check with you all to make sure I don't offend anyone.... WTF

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member

You did ask. And i gave a simple answer. For the most part, this forum has a open mind when it comes to fast cars. Reason why you probly see some import drivers that frequent this forum. And for the most part, they dont come to bash on svt's of any other domestic car for that matter.

bmfgsxr nice kill by the way. Love the graphite grey.

190hpkilla

Established Member
i have an ironic story. I had an evo8 which was raped by a friends terminator. I bought a terminator and got raped by a friends evo. lol. Cant win.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I couldn't imagine trying an Evo from a dig.... I'm sure with the AWD they must jump on launch. A number of years ago I ran a worked Eagle Talon ... never tangled with an AWD car before... man was I humiliated. LOL

90lxfox5.0

Established Member
I couldn't imagine trying an Evo from a dig.... I'm sure with the AWD they must jump on launch. A number of years ago I ran a worked Eagle Talon ... never tangled with an AWD car before... man was I humiliated. LOL
Raced a evo8 with basic mods,big open down pipe a flash and a intake and i beat him from a dig with my cobra on street tires.Took me till top of second to catch him but after that it was over.Just cause its awd doesnt mean its unbeatable from a dig.I beat them all the time in all of my cars.O and good kill.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Nice kill man! You are racking up the kills. I really can't wait to get my Cobra back so I have something other than comments to post.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
thanks all. by the time we let off i probably had about a car length on him but the gap was still growing, although as the speeds would have increased im sure he would have stopped my pull and maybe even made up some ground.. im currently 1 and 1 against the s197. i lost a high speed roll against one.

socalharley, as some have mentioned i joined this site when i had my Lightning (which i still miss, but an reasonable quick, awd, 24mpg, 4door car was just more practical for my needs). also somewhat recently sold my 89' fox too.. im a performance car enthusiast, so i dont care who makes what, as long as its fast.

happy new year to everyone.:beer:

Quik Z06

Established Member
I dont know if he would have reeled you back in as speed increased. Is your Evo stock? I raced a 05 GT when they first came out in my Evo and I pulled him pretty hard on the freeway from a 3rd gear roll, but I was far from stock (but just the bolt ons + cams)

Happy new year to you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread