evo ix vs. s2k

bmfgsxr

Established Member
had some great runs with a guy in an s2k this morning.. i run into this guy sometimes on the way into work. last time i saw him i was in my 5.0 and we messed around a bit, but he got the better of me.. last time i was in my evo i didnt run into him until we were in congested traffic. this morning i ran into him as soon as i merged onto the highway and then it began.. we had numerous runs, but most were with him getting a running start on me, and me having to anticipate how soon to hit it so i could hold off his charge.. sometimes i was able too, and other times i didnt hit it soon enough.. at one point he was in front, he pulled out into the middle lane between a couple cars so he got a reasonable jump, and then i gave chase.. i first had to close the gap he had, and started passing him by 140ish.

the only clean run we had was when i slowed to let him catch up to give a thumbs up, which we both did.. then i started to jump on it to show him to go, and i waited til he downshifted then we both nailed it.. i pulled from him fairly decently and we ran it up pretty high, although i didnt keep track of how many lengths i had on him.. the car had stock exhaust and didnt sound loud so i imagine he was stock (im stock).

long story short, i ran an s2k a number of times and beat him on a clean run, and even when he had a jump most times. but it was a fun 40 miles until he got off his exit.

fusionchicken

Established Member
good kill. my brother has an s2000, and it's a crazy fun car to drive. unfortunately it lacks a bit in the power department...

i had a similar encounter with an s2000, but i'm making 330whp, it wasn't very pretty for him....

bmfgsxr

Established Member
they are cool little cars. and they actually make great power for a n/a 4 banger.. but they have zero tq, and only make decent hp in the upper revs.. i do like their high redline though.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
fusionchicken said:
good kill. my brother has an s2000, and it's a crazy fun car to drive. unfortunately it lacks a bit in the power department...

i had a similar encounter with an s2000, but i'm making 330whp, it wasn't very pretty for him....

not trying to flame or anything but why do you have an s2000 under your list of cars if its infact your brothers? :poke:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
thanks... i actually ran it up to about 150 after passing him. i just ran it up to 150ish the other day running against a carrera. fastest ive seen in this car is 156 though against an older vette.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Damn dude, you aren't affraid to race up high. Nice kills and I know how nice it is to have some fun on a long commute.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i pick and choose my spots.. only where its safe enough to do it. and ive been a motorcycle road racer for a lot of years so im used to speeds much higher. 150mph is small potatoes really.

Users who are viewing this thread